Author Topic: Something no veteran should have to endure  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Something no veteran should have to endure
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »
Today I attended a viewing of my sons best friends younger brother,a 28year old combat veteran who lost his battle with brain cancer just before Thanksgiving. I have known this young man and his family for better then 35years. While I sat at the funeral home today I couldn't help thinking about how this young man suffered because of his illness that was caused by his exposure to some chemicals in the war in Afghanistan and the VA refused to admit or help this young warrior in his time of need. As a DAV myself I find it appalling that such disregard is given to those that are in need of help and understanding. Ryan was going to be a carrier soldier in the army Infantry but was cut short by this terrible disease. Ryan had served five years in the Army.

I just want to say God bless this young man for his dedication to this country and his sacrifice that he has made. I just hope that the free people in this country will come to understand what our freedom cost in sacrifice of young men like Ryan Connell. May god bless this young man and his only surviving Brother.

I mentioned that I am a DAV, but this is not to bring attention to myself but rather to give my opinion as a veteran on how poorly young Americans like Ryan who have sacrificed there lives for our freedom are treated by the VA.

I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Something no veteran should have to endure
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »
I am sad to hear of the loss of Ryan. Condolences to Ryan's family and friends.

Yes, this great country of ours and our political leaders will pay homage to a criminal by sending a delegation to his funeral (dirtbag Brown) and then throw a cop to the curb for doing his sworn duty.

The politicians go to the photo op memorial dedications to the vets and service men and women and then go back to their office and try to cut the pay and benefits to the very same service men and veterans they just honored(?). What a pitiful bunch of people we keep electing to represent us. What a bunch of idiots we are.

Damn, Joe, you went and got me started... >:(

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 08:17:14 PM by IrishAyes »
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:59:26 PM »
Truly sad .Young man .Prayers sent for the family members .

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:38:02 AM »
Well said
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:49:28 AM »
I am sad to hear of the loss of Ryan. Condolences to Ryan's family and friends.

Yes, this great country of ours and our political leaders will pay homage to a criminal by sending a delegation to his funeral (dirtbag Brown) and then throw a cop to the curb for doing his sworn duty.

The politicians go to the photo op memorial dedications to the vets and service men and women and then go back to their office and try to cut the pay and benefits to the very same service men and veterans they just honored(?). What a pitiful bunch of people we keep electing to represent us. What a bunch of idiots we are.

Damn, Joe, you went and got me started... >:(

Well Joe it was meant to give everyone a reason to reflect on how our elected officials treat our veterans and fallen heroes.

Ive known Ryan since he was in diapers and his brother since he was a little boy. There mom died when they were both very young and there father just passed earlier this year. DJ the oldest is the only serving family member. This family has suffered many losses to early in life.

But for Ryan to be taken from life at 28, I just had to honor him this way by letting people know how he sacrificed for our country...Ryan is my Hero.     
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-