Author Topic: The crowds...the CROWDS!  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Jeremy0823

• Paddling and fishing is my cocaine.
The crowds...the CROWDS!
« on: July 26, 2015, 04:04:35 AM »
Hey all, new to NJ fishing, just moved here from Florida.

Scoped out the different bodies of water and decided on paddling out from Oyster creek into Barnegat bay.

I was surprised to see the depth at the mouth was only a few feet deep.

I don't have a depth finder yet, I read sonar maps before leaving the house, but I was able to navigate around and determine how deep I was by sticking my paddle into the ground.

I was also surprised how many JET SKIS were blazing through that area. Ended up anchoring up in about 5 feet of water to avoid getting run over by the skis, seeing how they wanted to overrun the 10ft depth areas.

Finally my questions. Where can I go to get a peaceful day of fluke fishing without the annoyance of jet skis? And since I'm fairly new to fluke, is 5ft depth enough to catch them? It's sure deep enough for a good sized shark to swim just under me causing me to need new underwears.

Should I have gone north or south of Oyster creeks' mouth? Heading east towards the ocean inlet looks like a ton of boat traffic...

Sorry so long winded, I didn't want to come off as someone who didn't do some research before popping questions. Thanks!

Offline Eng 94

• When the going gets tough the tough get going
Re: The crowds...the CROWDS!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:51:56 AM »
Jeremy; Welcome to NJ and the season of the out of towner or Googen as it were. Tuff time to be fishing the Barnegat. Weekends are the worst. You could try further south like the Tuckerton area or parts of the Manasquan, there are guys here that kayak in and around there. Five foot of water is fine for Fluke. Good luck with your fishing.
I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everybody

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-