Author Topic: What Reel do you use for.....  (Read 7889 times)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: What Reel do you use for.....
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »
Thanks for the info Bob.  That's a good thing.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 09:10:56 PM »
Live lining adult bunker or jigging for a 15-30/40lb class rod?

Abu Pro Rocket CS 7000 with upgrade carbonex drag washers spooled with #30 Momoi Diamond Mono.

Offline bowguide

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »
Definately not a dig on you mboy just my opinion I really like my avets they take a beating also and the drags are smooth and adjust easily.If I get out one more time this year your more than welcome to try them

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 09:38:48 PM »
Definately not a dig on you mboy just my opinion I really like my avets they take a beating also and the drags are smooth and adjust easily.If I get out one more time this year your more than welcome to try them
I was just bustin' on ya, but will def take you up on your offer if you get out. 

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 10:12:39 PM »
I have a penn international 965, its a baitcasting, conventional, levelwind.. Made in USA!. Its pricey though around $225.00 It should last a lifetime if maintained right. Im still using some 20 and 30 year old penns and Ocean City Reels.    Maintenance is key...  I also use 7' Ugly, Tiger sticks. I have all different weight classes.  chrz

I have have had bad luck with the 965's and 975's. My father always takes excellent care of his gear (has reel covers for each reel)and they all had issues multiple times. Believe he sold them off. I have had a lot of trouble with Penn over the years and will not purchase any more (unl;ess I get a GREAT deal on a used one in good condition that would be worth while).

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-