Author Topic: GAMBLER Stripers Today  (Read 994 times)

Offline Capt Bogan

• Sponsor
    • Gambler Fishing
GAMBLER Stripers Today
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
Great catch. Exciting day. Miles of stripers and blue fish chasing baitfish --from the beach out to 2 miles.

Made a right out of the inlet and started a drift just a few minutes out. Caught some shorts and slot fish right away. I saw birds on my radar and found a big cloud of them working near the surface about a half mile off. We had action right away on just about any lure we threw.

Before too long, we had our limit on slots. But then we started catching bigger stripers and some chomper blues too. It just got better as the day went. So much fun to see 4 or 5 bass chase a lure right to the surface. With the wind, we were drifting almost 2 knots and some of the drifts lasted a mile or more. By the last hour, we were limited out and releasing fish.

Light crowd again today but everyone had fun and went home with a bag full of filets.

I fished myself today and worked a bigger spoon to see if I could catch bigger bass and it seemed to work pretty well for that purpose. The guys today caught on Croc spoons, Avas, and rubber shads.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: GAMBLER Stripers Today
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 04:12:13 AM »
 TT^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 05:33:58 AM »
Good to see they are still around. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:00:35 AM »
 t^ .........  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-