Author Topic: Letter To Govenor Corzine Re: Saving The Fluke Fishery  (Read 14837 times)

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Letter To Govenor Corzine Re: Saving The Fluke Fishery
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 09:10:02 PM »
Skol

Good job mine sent in........

We must watch it now that he has heard of summer flounder he may institute a toll 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:03 PM »
Not only that but I heard he might shut down a number of state parks.  I hope IBSP is not on that list.  At 195 bucks a pop for the season I would hate to loose that much money and a great fishing spot as well.  Have to keep a close watch on this one.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline wingshooter

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »
good letter but i think he will just toss them all and not even read them bngh bngh

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2008, 12:02:09 AM »
The thing is to fill his email and fax machine till they squeel. 
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2008, 09:47:24 AM »
maybe we should hire Carla Katz to get our point accrss? cfzd

rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla

Offline JFK

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 10:05:48 PM »
Very important stuff here; thanks and I hope everyone on here takes a look at this thread.

Offline fishraiser

• "Ya Can't Take It With Ya"
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 11:49:46 PM »
Sent mine in!! Hope the Gov doesn't read this thread Frankeu may have given him an idea nosmly
Capt. Joe

Offline jmon011

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 07:09:39 AM »
 t^   just sent mine

Offline Bob

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
Sent mine.
Bob

Offline Twitch

• DONT TREAD ON ME
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 09:04:56 AM »
sent mine... slt
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~ Thomas Edison

Offline brickken

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »
Just saw this and sent it as well  t^
Ken

"The Taylor Vee"
Wellcraft Coastal 360

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
Now that some time has passed since the letters were sent, did any body get a response? If so, can you post it please.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »
 whs is true, if you want to have our fishing continue please get involved in some way shape or form before all we will be allowed to do is walk on beaches that are roped off because of some endangered plant, or walk on abandoned marinas sites because all boating will be to extravagant and the majority will not be able to afford the $12.00 a gallon the gas will cost.

There are a bunch of other reasons but you get the idea.  It is getting very frustrating and there is no end in site.

Paul  :'(
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 03:53:05 PM »
Granted, the governor personally does not make the fishing rules and regulations. But, unfortunate as it is, there is a lot of back door deals made in politics. It's the old, you scratch my back and I will scratch your's syndrome.

The governor can not himself do anything about the regs but he can be an influence on the people who do make them.

He is supposedly 'in charge' of this state and he should be fighting for his people's (our's)rights, whether he is a fisherman or not. We are the people who the pols should be listening to. Not some dumbass lobbyist hired by the antis.

The pols think that once they get into office they can do as they please. And they are at this point. They do not listen to the majority as they should be.

Yes, do write your Senator, etc. But there is no reason an answer could have been provided by the governor or his staff. Even if it is an answer that would not be well liked.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »
Sorry, I will just sit back and not care if anybody will do anything for us.

The governor can not consider it 'this issue' as 'this issue' has more to do than with fluke fishing. It is all the other business that would be affected because of 'this issue'. Maybe 'this issue' is not important to him, but when you start having many businesses closing down because of 'this issue', perhaps he will feel otherwise.

If you had read my post when this was first brought up you would see I mentioned that he would not care. BUT, the courtesy of a reply from his office would go a long way. That is all I was inquiring about with my previous post.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 05:05:25 PM »
i just filled out that form now, i didnt realize this post was from february.. wasnt that a waste of 2 1/2 minutes  >:D... unbelievable these regulations.. sooner or later people out there arent even going to follow the rules.. its bound to happen  5hrug
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 06:16:17 PM »
I just sent mine in. I will send 1 from my wife and 1 from my son. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
 5hrug 5hrug 5hrug..... slt
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:17 PM »
I know its a year ago.  But actually , this letter was sent to a lot of different politicians.  From Corzine, to the US Senators, House members.  Plus, Richard Cody, the leader of the Nj Senate.  And other NJ state politico's.  I received a reply from Ferguson.  He is one of my congressman.  It  was a bou the bill Frank Pallone was supposed to introduce in the house this year.  But with the economy and the politico's lack of multi-tasking skills, I doubt that bill will be introduced.  Plus I hear your President's pick to lead NOAA is anti all of us.

I beleive some of the politico's may never see stuff like this.  Their so called staff picks and chooses what the represenative sees and does not see.  Before the November 2008 election I wrote to McCain/Palin about www.ssfff.net.  Figured someone in Palin's camp would see opportunity since she is an outdoors person.  Not even a form letter back.  Ron Paul from texas who also ran for President as a Republican was on board with Pallone's bill.  But again, we have not heard one word about it since before the election. 

You have to keep trying.  You can't give up.  It you truly beleive in fair fisheries management, then you have to keep trying.  Remember a group of folks in Maryland did not give up.  I know it was something about Striped Bass and President Bush signed something into law.  I just don't remember what it was all about and I am sorry for that.  The botton line is people kept on trying until the President signed the bill.  Here in New Jersey we need to do the same.

So, don't give up the fight.  With unity we can win.  They say there is 600 thousand outdoors people in NJ.  That's a lot of votes.

Be good!

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 12:48:37 AM »
Jim, I believe what you are referring to with President Bush is when he signed into law making the striped bass a game fish in federal waters, thus, no commercial fishing in federal waters for stripers.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-