Author Topic: Sat Jan 5 Bandit Trip {Video Added}  (Read 37993 times)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Sat Jan 5 Bandit Trip
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:10 PM »
So we over shot the hotel by 16 miles, yes the navagators fault :P hotel pretty nice for the 40$.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2008, 12:57:18 AM »
Good Luck Guys have a safe time out there.  Bring home the bacon 5hrug.  I got to go fishing tomorrow, I'm loosing it.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
just docked, some nice fish taken on the boat, it was a wet and wild trip lots of fun.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »
 TT^

Can't wait to hear all about it...
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2008, 12:05:24 AM »
Home 11;PM.  What a trip,  Like I said, there were some nice fish boated,  our crew didn't have their best day,  Was a pleasure meeting Buck tail Bob t^  finally meeting Capt Anthony and Capt Wayne. chrz

Bucktail had 2 $25 Gift cards from Dicks, t^  Johnny Oz Won one for the first Fish and Capt John won the other for the biggest out of our crew of 9 which included Capt Anthony And Capt Wayne

Got some cool footage of the trip..  we'll see what I can do with it t^

Also My hats off to Capt Scotty and Capt Jerry.  A First Class Trip to say the least t^

The sea esta Iv was a great hotel.  For 40$ a night and rated #3 out of 13 for the area. you couldn't beat it, Clean Comfortable and affordable.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 12:09:24 AM by Hotrod »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
Sounds like a really great trip and looking forward to all the stories.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
For anybody considering going to the Bandit in Delaware.
THE TRIP.
We left the Trenton, NJ area just a shade before 5 pm.  Stopped near Dover, Delaware for dinner.  My Garmin 750 directed us to a Ruby Tuesday off of Rt 1 near Dover.  When we arrived at the given destination for Ruby Tuesday we were confronted with a vacant lot.  No signs of there ever being a Ruby Tuesday before our arrival or anytime in the near future.  We "made a legal U-turn" at Garmin's advise and found a Bob Evans.  We were in touch with Bucktail (Bob), who was fifteen minutes behind us, and he arrived before our table was ready.  After a dinner consisting of burgers and fries we were back on the road.

We were also communicating with Capt Mike, Hareball and Capt John.  They were too far behind for us to wait for them for dinner. 

Arriving in Rehobeth Beach we began searching for our motel.  Someone (I won't name names, Rod ;D) told us that the motel was right across the street from the boat.  I had the address for the boat plugged into the Garmin and, dispite the construction on the bridge, it directed us right to the marina.  The only problem was, there was nothing else in sight.  Fifteen miles later we decided we went too far.   bngh  Another U-turn (this one not so legal).

Driving past the marina again we continued our mission to find our motel.  This time to Dewey Beach, the TRUE location of the motel.  What a surprise, it was ten miles before you get to the marina as you are traveling down.  Yep, four sets of eyes missed the twenty some foot lighted sign that was approximately ten feet off the roadway standing all by itself.  Checked into our rooms at 10 pm.  With the price of the rooms and the knowledge that at lease three out of four of us would be sawing wood all night we opted for seperate rooms.  (sorry guys, no videos of Rod  :P)

Saturday morning:
Early wake up call, load the truck and off to a WaWa run.  WaWa is about two miles, on the same road, but in the opposite direction of the boat.  Not a problem.  Got our quicky breakfast and a hoagie for lunch and some snacks and we were on our way.  Capt Mike and his crew got to the boat first and set up some rods for our spots, keeping our small group of nine together.  (Captain Anthony and Captain Wayne from Angela Rose charters were also joining us)

Boat underway and heading east toward the mighty Atlantic.  Headed into a nice sunrise and out to sea. 

Traveling easterly we had the seas behind us.  At the beginning of the day they were maybe three to four footers.  As the day progressed the seas were building and made it to probably six to seven with several eights or better thrown in. The sun got over taken by the clouds and we lost it's shine.

The first couple of drops had the port side of the boat into fish.  The guys on the port side were hooking up with fish on a slow pick and got into a fast pick at one point.  The starboard side was pretty quiet.  Guess where the NJSWF guys were fishing.  You got it, the starboard side.  The catching was sporatic after that.

The day ended with a longggggg ride back to the dock.  The captain and crew did a good job of trying to put us on fish.  Just wasn't mean to be a knockout trip as we had hoped for.  Oh well, that's fishing.

Several guys on the boat had a good catch.  I believe several had upwards of eight fish each.  The majority got only one or two fish or the skunk, including most of the NJSWF group.  I wouldn't want to guess the total for the trip.

Pool winner was a nice twelve pounder.  There was also a ten pounder and several nines and eights.  Not a bad day for them.   t^

Had an uneventful ride home and willing to go back again.

All in all, the trip was an adventure.  Good company, not a good catch for us, got beat up on the boat because of the weather.  (NOAA blew it again) Only got lost for a short time. And made it back in one piece.  Nothing wrong with that.   t^

Seeing some of the fish that came aboard the boat yesterday, I would like to try this trip again.  Hopefully, the weather and fish will cooperate a bit better.

It was a pleasure fishing with the guys from the site.  I hope we can get more trips in like this one but fill the boat with our people.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2008, 10:41:39 AM »
Joe,

Good report and sounds like an outstanding time.........it is the memories that make the trip with the fine company you are with TT^ slt

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2008, 11:16:11 AM »
Good times! and a lot of new memories!

Thanks again to Capt. Scotty and Capt. Jerry!

A very special thanks to Bucktail Bob, for all the special prizes for our crew of the NJSALTWATERFISHERMAN.COM !

It was nice to see everyone again and have the opportunity to fish as a group along with meeting new faces.

TT^

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »
Nice report. Sounds like everyone had fun, sorry I missed it. Maybe next time.  TT^ <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »
Some pics from the trip.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:37:43 PM by IrishAyes »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
Two more pics.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:38:45 PM by IrishAyes »

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »
Nice pics capt.
 TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2008, 10:42:45 PM »
Nice Pics Joe.  t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »
Good report thanks... :-\

Great pictures can't wait for the movie to come out. t^
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
The Deadliest (Almost) Catch!
« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2008, 11:50:10 PM »
OK, sorry it took me so long to finally post, but fishing on the Poseidon...err Bandit wore me out!  I got some much needed sleep last night and had to work all day today, so this is the first chance I've had to post.

First, I have to say it was great to meet all the guys from the site!  Unfortunately, since I was taking a different route home I didn't get to travel with them, but I met up with Capt. Joe (Irish Ayes), Hot Rod , Bob G., and John (Jozwirk) at the Bob Evans.  We all had a good meal and a few laughs (very few). ;D J/K  Thanks Rod! t^

Then it was off to the local Walmart for me to get crab cutting scissors while the others got lost on the way to the motel. ::)  I got a sub and some snacks at the WAWA and checked into my room. 

The next morning was a bit tense for me.  As I was loading up the car the Fab Four headed off to the WAWA for coffee.  I told them I would be right behind them.  Unfortunately, as I was putting one of my bags in the car, the door to my room closed with the room key still on the nightstand!  I thought for sure I would miss the boat!  Thankfully, although there was nobody at our motel location to let me back in until 8:00am, I did manage to contact someone at one of their sister motels who arrived a half hour later to let me back in!

Anyway, I made it to the boat on time and met up with the rest of the gang.  I met Capt. Mike, John and Hareball, as well as Capt. Wayne and Capt. Anthony from the Angela Rose and Capt. Jerry.  There were so many Captains there, I didn't know whether I should shake hands or just salute! slt

When we got out of the inlet it seemed like the previous days forecast of 2 to 3 ft. seas would be about right, even though that morning the Weather Channel was calling for 4 ft.  Boy was I wrong!  We had about a 90 minute ride to the fishing grounds, when we finally dropped anchor.  As was already posted, the fishing was a bit slow most of the day.  I managed one keeper early and then don't recall having another bite for the rest of the trip.  Capt. Mike, John, and John Ozwirk had keepers as well.  There was some action on spiny dogs also.

Some guys on the boat made out alright, but since the action seemed to be concentrated on a such a small section of the boat it made it tough for those who weren't right on it.
Not that anyone was complaining (well maybe a little).  But everyone was still having a good time and joking around.  Hot Rod even went upstairs to get some of the fast and furious rod bending tog action on video!  But we'll see what that looks like when he posts it.

Meanwhile the ocean got uglier as the day wore on.  Those 4' seas turned into fives, sixes and more.  As the Edmund Fitzgerald...err...I mean Bandit rode to each new spot the waves got nastier and nastier.  At one point as I was humming the theme to "Titanic" quietly to myself, a huge wave hit the starboard side that came high over the rails and sent everything flying in the cabin!  I think Rod might have been outside for that one because a little while later he came in the cabin drenched from his hood to his boots!

To his credit, Captain Scott kept trying different spots and adjusting anchors to try to get us on the fish despite the rough water. t^

All in all, except for the times when I thought "the Minnow would be lost", it was a great trip!  Everyone I met down there was fantastic and I had a blast!  I hope we can all get together to do some more of this real soon! ;D

-Bob

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »
Gee Bucktail.  What trip were you on? I don't remember any of that!  Just kidding.    ;D

Nice report.  Hopefully we can get another trip in soon.   t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »
I think I'll wait for the spring run... :P nosmly
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2008, 12:33:54 AM »
Gee Bucktail.  What trip were you on? I don't remember any of that!  Just kidding.    ;D

Nice report.  Hopefully we can get another trip in soon.   t^
TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2008, 04:45:20 AM »
 TT^ Bob,  Yea I took 80% of that wave...lol.  I walked into the cabin and guys were like.  WFT happened to you?..  You fall over board? hhppy  TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-