Author Topic: Buzzards Bay  (Read 1508 times)

Offline PHIL

Buzzards Bay
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:12:52 PM »
Hey, what is all the hype about Buzzards Bay? I don't know anything about it. Is it a good boating destination? Any info will be helpful. Thank You.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Buzzards Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:21:29 PM »
This should be a good place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzzards_Bay_(bay)

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline adesai73

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »
Girlfriend and I vacationed in Hyannis last year.  Great place to visit and I really got into fishing during that trip.  We took a headboat out of Hyannis Harbor for fluking trip.  Good time and I can't wait to get up there again with a little more fishing know-how under my belt!

Buzzards Bay lies a little to the west of Hyannis, but that whole area is so rich with fisherman and all manners of nautical things.  New Bedford has a long history of being a whaling town.  Also, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute is located nearby.  We really wanted to visit, but just didn't have the time.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »
Last year George Poveromo did a show from there where they hammered jumbo Seabass on light tackle in 20' of water.

I did some research and was toying with the idea of a trip this spring for the Seabass. Found what looks like a good charter capt.

Offline Duffman

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 09:41:12 PM »
I used to hit Buzzards Bay sailing out of Hyannis.
    Always went in the fall. Late Sept then again late Oct. Split days fishing porgy/ seabass in the AM and then targeting tog later in the day. It was always lights out fishing. Both in numbers and size of fish caught.
  Comfortable fishing as 95% was in water less than 40 feet and all light tackle.
  Starting fishing the Sea Queen head boat for years, then used Sea Hawk charters when I did 6 packs.
  Hyannis Holiday hotel is right across from the harbor. Off season rates are dirt cheap.
  Check out Black Cat Tavern (in Hyannis) good Guinness, great steamers, even better lobster bisque.

Offline adesai73

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 09:52:23 PM »
  Hyannis Holiday hotel is right across from the harbor. Off season rates are dirt cheap.
  Check out Black Cat Tavern (in Hyannis) good Guinness, great steamers, even better lobster bisque.

We stayed there, too, and the prices weren't all that bad even for the summer season.  The Black Cat is terrific, we ended up eating there three times during our week there.  I'd recommend the fried clams...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-