Author Topic: Anybody here like fly fishing for trout  (Read 2444 times)

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
Anybody here like fly fishing for trout
« on: March 23, 2008, 03:12:14 PM »
It's about as far removed from saltwater fishing as you can get but as the saying goes "variety is the spice of life".

I love to float down a river in a driftboat and fly cast for trout. To me, it's about the most relaxing form of fishing there is. I don't get to do it often but when I do, it really re-cahrges my batteries.

Also, trout tend to live in some very scenic places. I've fished the Upper Delaware and the Noth Platte in Wyoming.

Any fellow trout fisherman here?

Offline brijones1

Re: Anybody here like fly fishing for trout
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »
yes sir...  I only fly fish for trout now after many years of spin fishing.  It is so much better if you now what your doing.  I have a camp in Potter county pa and do most of my flyfishing there.  I am sick of the crowds in NJ and dealing with #$$%$@#^ who like to crowd you when your catching fish.  However, nobody seems to fish for smallmouth in this state and I have done really well on certain sections of the raritan fly fishing
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline mgm

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:31:44 PM »
Trout on a fly rod is one of the pleasures in life.

Its always hard to choose trout fishing in NJ because it conflicts with Stripertime.

I do get out a bit at Ken Lockwood Gorge a few times, and sometimes even hit the Rahway river in Cranford, which is 15 minutes away. Always get action when the crowds are gone.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 05:01:37 PM »
 t^just got back from montana last year , love it out there
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:16:39 PM »
Used to go all the time up on the Big Flat Brook for opening day.  I haven't been there in years, right passed the State Police barracks which I heard is no longer there.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-