Author Topic: Any fluke from the surf yet?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
Any fluke from the surf yet?
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
Anyone catch any fluke from the surf yet? I am looking forward to getting to the surf and try my luck. Will be trying Spro bucktails with Gulp mullet. Thanks for any info

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: Any fluke from the surf yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:52 PM »
njdevil,
 i fished for fluke today at the point of sandy hook, tried a spro but for some reason they dont feel the same as using them from a boat. (idk  5hrug)... so i used my green gulp mullet (my favorite) .. caught a bunch of short fluke, and my cousin ended up 1 keeper fluke at 18 inches on a killie.. squid didnt do the trick today at all.... saw a bunch of people keeping sun dials ?? lol, other than that, i think i saw 2 or 3 keeper fluke pulled out the entire day.... idk if that helps or not  chrz
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:04 PM »
Fishon42,
I like to use the Spro from the surf tiped with a Gulp mullet, green or hot pink and did well last year. What rig do you use when you throw the Gulp mullet? A bucktail or something else? Also do you use a teaser? If so has it worked? Thanks for the info.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »
Not from the surf per se, but hit a pier in Amboy the last couple of evenings.  Light jigs tipped with Gulp grubs.  One night had a huge fluke hooked, easily could have been a new personal best, but was low tide and tried lifting it up.  15#mono leader went POP. Retied and only managed a couple shorts.

Fiance fished with me and had one that looked to be 18" and a few shorts.

3/8oz leadheads and some beatup 3/4oz Spros were what we used.  4" Gulp grub in glow, white, and chartreuse.

Yesterday evening I got the skunk while she managed 3 shorts.  ANother angler fishing bait managed 4 shorts in row before his wife made him leave rofla

Saw some cocktail blues for others as well.  No bunker, no bass.

DId here during the day on outgoing some decent keeper fluke were being caught.
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »
njdevil,
i just use a fluke hook from a package, with a 3 way swivel and a 2 oz weight and drag out on bottom.. i dont have luck with the spro's or anything from the surf for some reason.. i like my hook plain.. only a piece of squid and a gulp mullet, or a single gulp mullet... white has been good, same with chartruese
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-