Author Topic: Taylor Vee 06/01  (Read 1444 times)

Offline brickken

Taylor Vee 06/01
« on: June 02, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »
Took a friend his two sons and mine out yesterday morning. Left the inlet at about 7:30 AM and went North. Found nothing but cold water. Couldn't believe the temps the fish finder was reporting until I heard a number of boats start calling out the temps near them looking for decent water.  5hrug

Fished near the convention center Asbury Park and right near the beach actually saw readings of 38 degrees. Another hundred yards out and the water spiked up to a balmy 43-45 degrees.

Had plenty of marks under me; but apparently they just decided to hang on the bottom to keep warm. I noticed as we drifted further away from shore the water seemed to warm up a bit. Decided to run south to see what the temps were and heard the same reports. Ran out to the Sea Girt Reef where the temps were finally around 52 degrees and thought I had a chance.

Then one of the boys got sick, then another, and the last was just a little green. Ran back and called it a day. Saw the Angela Rose working the mouth of the canal as we headed in. Hopefully they had better luck inside then we did outside. Oh well was a beautiful day until the chunking started...   :-X
Ken

"The Taylor Vee"
Wellcraft Coastal 360

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Re: Taylor Vee 06/01
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:20:54 AM »
You will get'em next time.

Few weeks you guys will come up by me and we'll put the kids into al the bluefish they can handle (and maybe even some fluke to boot).

Offline mgm

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
Hey, you gave it a go! 
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:24:25 AM »
Good try, the season is just starting there will be plenty of time and sea sickness pills to go around.  grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:53 AM »
 ;D

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »
Good try. I was probably one of the boats you heard talking about the water temp. Man was it low.
Tuff day of fishing yesterday for most, if not all, out our way.  :P
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-