Author Topic: Bucktails  (Read 5603 times)

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
Re: Bucktails
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 08:22:15 AM »
Bouncing Spros will be the only method I use for fluking fishing. Along with a teaser tied up about 14" from the Spro. Spro tiped with gulp swimming mullet, white or char.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline mgm

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »
In addition to Spro's, I have used the Fluke-Rat jig with success.  They are different in that they are similar to a fluke ball, but have a different shaped head and a swinging hook, which imparts a bit of action.

Don't have a picture, but here is the website.

http://www.tidaltails.com/Fluke_Rats_Stingers.htm

" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »
In addition to Spro's, I have used the Fluke-Rat jig with success.  They are different in that they are similar to a fluke ball, but have a different shaped head and a swinging hook, which imparts a bit of action.

Nice find  t^

You fishing them the same as a Spro?

Have you fished them in the deep yet?. I see they only go up to 4 ounces & there are times when I need 6

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 10:14:17 AM »
i think any bucktail will work, but I had mad success with the Spro
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mgm

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 10:58:46 AM »

Nice find  t^

You fishing them the same as a Spro?

Have you fished them in the deep yet?. I see they only go up to 4 ounces & there are times when I need 6

I use much shorter rod action because of the swinging tail.  I fish with a guy who only uses these, and only moves his jig with very slight jigging motions keeping it on the bottom. Last summer he nailed a 10 lber with a 2 oz Fluke Rat tipped with a single spearing in the Reach channel.  You can also replace the swinging bucktail with  a leader of 4 to 6" add a sharp owner or gami hook tipped with a curly grub, spearing,squid, etc....so many ways to fish a bucktail.

In deeper water with fast current, I keep my conventional reel un-engaged and backslide to keep it on the bottom.  Too much current, I go to a heavier spro or on rare occasions I use an 8 oz Mai Tai.
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-