Author Topic: Top 2 Artificial Lures You Will Ever Need  (Read 3990 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Top 2 Artificial Lures You Will Ever Need
« on: September 22, 2008, 06:07:47 PM »
The question has been asked, what about artificial lures that work for me,Well I do know I will only throw 2 types of lures,Tsunami soft swim baits and the 5" Mambo Minnow,I have found that through the years of kayak fishing these two types of baits will work from March through December in all the waters of our area,the problem is not the size of the lure,but the color you pick to throw,be sure to know the water you are fishing,clear,cloudy,dark,If the water is not clear you must fish a lure that is bright in color,I recommend looking at the water a couple hours before fishing, because after dark its hard to tell,If I only could fish 2 artificial lures from my kayak then the 5" Mambo Minnow and the Tsunami swim bait would be my choice hands down, time after time,because they produce fish for me in the waters we are fishing,please keep in mind that 90% of my fishing at night is in about 3 feet of water,I'm fishing areas that boats cant go,but hold tons of bait all summer long,late at night these big bass come into shallow water to feed,its like someone just rang the dinner bell,we live in a state that has great waters,with tons of marsh areas that hold bait and boats cant go,but we can,good fishing.
Top Colors- Yellow,Pink,white,pearl

« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 07:11:52 PM by Hotrod »
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Top 2 Artificial Lures You Will Ever Need
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
Great info!!

TT^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:27:51 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:56:55 PM »
Great post.  slt

I am sure other fishermen have their own favorites too. The thing is, when you are confortable with something and it works for you, go for it.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:51 PM »
Night fishing, back bay (from a motor boat, not a kayak) those swim shads are great lures.  I've used Tsunamis, Storms, and before them, the plain old Sassy Shads rigged on a 1/2 to 1 1/2oz. jig head.  They all work.  ;)  I believe it's something about the way that boot tail thumps in the water that calls fish to them. t^

Plastic swimmmers such as the Mambo Minnow and Bomber Long A are terrific baits as well when the action is in the upper section of the water column, but they can't be fished as deep as the shads.

Offline DAK

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
Creeks? Back flats? Jetties? Bulkheads? Channel edges? Lagoons? Low tide? High tide?  ??? 5hrug ??? 5hrug
This boy is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice...

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-