Author Topic: US 230 XL- Supercast Reel  (Read 3110 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
US 230 XL- Supercast Reel
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:33:23 AM »
In looking for the best Tackle to use for the sport of kayak fishing, I have found a fishing reel that may look funny, But will not let you down...

I have used many different reels for kayak fishing, I needed a reel that can hold up to big fish and salt water, and yes, we know what reels will hold up, but they cost as much as a kayak....until now.

The US 230 XL-Supercast reel with its large spool to hold braided line... along with its great drag system,has the power to Handel big fish and salt water, This reel looks funny, I myself even had to laugh...but it works better and costs less then any other reel I have ever used.

This reel will not let you down,when you need it most.... we are in kayaks inches from the water... after this all thats left is skishing like they do in Montauk.
Be Safe,Fish Hard

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 01:15:58 PM by kayak1 »
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
Re: US 230 XL- Supercast Reel
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »
Dave,
Your "tips" have been excellent!  This one has to be one of the ugliest I've seen in a while!  The reel reminds me of the "Quick", back in the day...
I haven't really gotten my head wrapped around the spool's diameter though. I may be too "old school" for this one, always having been taught that the larger the diameter, the greater the friction (through the gathering guide) which equates to a shortened cast...
Still-n-all, I gotta say "Thanks!" for the helpful tips!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-