Author Topic: NJ Kayak Fishing - Tips and Trips  (Read 155567 times)

Offline kayak1

• only at night
Re: NJ Kayak Fishing - Tips and Trips
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »
The wind on Saturday was not to bad... It was like 50 mph out of the west and the rain was so hard..It had the parking lot flooded enough to float the kayak...Charlie you would have loved it.

The area I fished was like fishing in a pond... It was just getting to the pond that was a _______ if ya know what I mean...

I'm going out tonight for some dock fishing... The lights at the end seem to hold the bait and the bass will hang just off in the shadow... What I feel is so crazy... Is that all summer long the dock is filled with crabbers and after September thats it... No one even walks out on the dock never mind fish from it...Well thats not all that bad more fish for me.

I will be on vacation next week... So I will have the chance to fish both the bay and ocean with the kayak... I will give ya all the news.

Dak
Also whats up with our November trip... It would be a blast to get as many as possible...But if its just 3 or 4 thats cool...

Well I sure hope everyone has a great week...Stay warm
Dave
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 08:33:31 AM »
So?  How'd ya do last night???

Any pictures??

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 05:14:52 PM »
Last night same place.... Same time.... Not a single fish to be found.. The night before was nuts all big fish.. But is does prove a point...Give me high winds that push the water hard...

Thats what those bass love... The nights that the bay is flat calm... I should just stay home

Im going back out late tonight around 2 am the wind is going to pick up late, I will give you a call
Dave

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 12:35:33 PM »
I'm still on vacation and have been fishing every night.... Friday and Saturday we had some good bass fishing, with all nice fish over 30"....

Monday was so calm we didn't have any drift at all... The wind came up for about a half hour and the fish did turn on... As fast as the wind came up it just stopped and so did the fish.

Tuesday night the wind was out of the North east and strong.... the fish should have been all over the place...But were hard to find....We had two fish all night come up and splash.... but could not buy a hit...

I'm going out early today before the wind gets to nasty....I'm just going to to find a area that I can get out of the wind...

I also had the chance to fish the beach...Yes with out the kayak.... I fished outgoing tide and did very well.... small fish.... but a ton of them in the wash....

I need to run
Dave

Offline Greg7

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 06:53:11 PM »
t^  What beach were you fishing?

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2008, 09:00:06 PM »
Nice catching!!

TT^

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2008, 01:34:47 PM »
Nice catching indeed!!! t^

Keep them reports flowin' - us desk jockies need 'em!

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 01:50:16 PM »
We where back out at it on Wednesday and Thursday night... The wind was blowing North East at around 20-25 mph.... I thought for sure I was going to flip more then I can count

Again I have been kayaking for many years and 98% of the time on the water is late at night... I found that even in the back country... bass just love rough water.

The last two nights were by far not the best way to enjoy kayak fishing.... But again we take safety first... good lights and we stay close to each other...

We did have a mix of again very small 8" to 12" bass....and up to 35"... The bunker in the back waters is crazy...

I do have some time today to hit the water around sun set.... So I'm going to hit some sedge areas... With some top water action.

I will be out fishing all weekend... So get your yak... GO FISHING

I will not be back on the computer until late Monday night... But I will update then...

Enjoy your weekend

Dave

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2008, 02:05:46 PM »
Greg7
If I fish the beach... I will stay close to home and fish Lavallette North...Just walking the beach and fishing the sand bar ends..

I like to fish the sand bar sides where the bar washes off into the deep water holes....

Just keep your plug around that white water...And don't be casting a country mile... The bass are at your feet anyway....

Good fishing
Dave

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
We need to get you a camera t^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
Rod
I have it hard enough just getting the fish in the kayak... Now you want me to bring a camera and take a picture... I will bring my cell phone next trip out... I will give it a shot... It may not be that clear but I will sure try.LOL

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2008, 12:20:46 AM »
Trust me Rod a camera probably would not fit in the kayak along with his equipment plus Dave... nosmly
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2008, 05:59:21 PM »
We did get out and fished the bay on both Friday and Saturday nights...

We had some fish on Friday... But it just was not like the week before.

Saturday the wind was out of the north west and felt like it was blowing over 40 mph...
I tried fishing for about 1 hour... But the waves on the bay where just out of control...

I had fish come up on top water plugs... but it was just to difficult fishing in those conditions... So Saturday was just a bust for me...

November and December are great months for fishing the back bay... We had some great nights when the night time temp's dropped into the mid 30's... Last week temps where around 40 which caused the back water to warm up some.

I have had some great nights and still those bass seem to just drive me crazy, will be going out again Wednesday night... hope we get some better class fish to move in...

I will also take some pics if possible...

Dave

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
I did stop off and fish for about an hour last night and was able to hit a few bass on my way home on some street ends... So while I had my cell phone with me I took these pics below...

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »
Nice catch!!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 10:44:45 PM »
Good going Dave... t^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 11:06:07 PM »
Nice fish Dave t^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
Thanks Guys... I did stop last night again on the way home and only hit one small bass...

I found the fish just outside casting range... So I will be back out tonight with my kayak and I just hope the weather holds off....

The bass in the bay this season are acting very odd... not at all the norm.... very confused to say the least... Me that is...

Again thanks to all
Dave

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2008, 04:43:24 PM »
Maybe the fish are confused also... ;D

TT^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2008, 05:38:53 PM »
Was back out again on Sunday around 2:30 am....

I didn't know that I was going to be in for the night from hell... I had to drive to up state New York on Saturday so I didn't have a chance to check the weather before going fishing.... I found a nice hole to fish last week.... So I wanted to fish it on Sunday...

I got to the parking area and put the kayak in the water... had a nice easy paddle out...I had the hole marked on my GPS from last week...

Through the anchor in and set up.... Fish on...
while fighting the bass... The kayak just started to rock like crazy.... I had no control at all.... This was no longer about the bass... But what was going on....

The wind came out of the west.... The first gust that hit the kayak.... Hit so hard  I almost flipped over... The second gust was the worst by far... I tried to get the anchor up... But every time the kayak swung to the side... The waves would just roll over my kayak.

I did get the anchor in.... But the waves on the open bay seemed like the ocean....I started to head back to the parking area... This was but far the worst wind I ever felt in the kayak or the largest waves I seen in the bay.

I did make it back to the truck... I'm not sure how.... lesson here.... Check the weather before going out.... Tell others your going and a time you will be back home

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-