Author Topic: Carbs  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Carbs
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:32:08 PM »
 Ok Right now from what I have read its a 50-50 toss up. Run carbs dry or not before winter? What the correct answer? Dry or wet? This is an outboard.  grtn

Offline Maritime Matt

• Sponsor
  • Maritime Skiff 20' Pioneer Pilothouse USCG Lic
    • TASKMARINE.COM
Re: Carbs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
Well I've been keeping my own filled with treated fuel [Honda 90] every year but just running them down a bit. Well this year I had clogged jets [still do]. With not having enough time to do my own carbs, I'll be running them dry this winter and storing my fuel tank as close to empty as possible. Matt.

WWW.TASKMARINE.COM     Marine SERVICE, Parts & More

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »
fill tanks and add stabilizer,make sure fuel with stabilizer gets into carbs,fog and your good for the winter.
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:48:13 PM »
whs.  When you fog.. you fill the carbs with that also...  you need to fog her till she stalls t^

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »
I treat my gas, hook up the anti freeze hose to the intake and fog the engine.....never had a problem kicks right over in the spring.

Don't forget to change the lower unit oil before putting her to sleep TT^

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 05:31:45 AM »
whs.  When you fog.. you fill the carbs with that also...  you need to fog her till she stalls t^
  Does this method get it into the float area of the carbs?If you are spraying through the air intakes I wouldnt think that it would?

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »
Thats what the fuel stabilizer does. ;)
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Mike ONeill

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 10:43:03 AM »
Run the gas out and fog the carbs with engine off and plugs out of head. before starting is the spring, turn engine over with plugs out this will help clear moisture and stop oil from bending rods etc. The main idea is to protect componets from moisture and dirt. Some spray lubes contain eather and alcohol ,when they dry out promotes rust. Read the labels. Some people fog the engin with it running "scarry" pouring or spraying oil into the carbs with the engin running, well it makes a good show. you can get the same results with the engin off and its safer.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-