Author Topic: IBSP Fishing ( 8/20/08)  (Read 2764 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
IBSP Fishing ( 8/20/08)
« on: August 20, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
Hi All,

Went to IBSP this morning with some peanut bunker with the hopes of picking up a small blue or two.  I figured the wind had changed direction today out of the NE and it changed to the E about 5 mph gusting to 14 mph.

I started at A10 and worked my way down to the inlet.  It was very busy on the beach as though it was a weekend.  Most are just hanging out and enjoying the day.

As far as fishing well lets say even the birds were on the beach sunning.

There were small fluke caught and big sea robins.  The ride down the beach was great but when I parked and started fishing south of 23 this guy pills up right next to me and starts to set up.  I think if I took my pole I could touch his truck.  Then his wife gets out and starts to rake the sand smooth I had to laugh.  After that I just looked at him shook my head and left.

Then I went to the air stations at A6 and found more than half the hoses not being able to be used because cars are parking in the NO PARKING ZONE.  I was so tempted to let the air out of their tires, but with my luck I would of got caught.

I am so looking for the end of summer so the crowds are more manageable.

The dredge is still working the inlet and it looks like they have widened their dredging to take out more sand than last year.  Good Luck.  For you boaters there should not be any more breakers in the middle for a short while till it fills in again.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 12:23:43 AM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Greg7

Re: IBSP Fishing ( 8/20/08)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
I hate crowds. haha. Nice report though!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-