Author Topic: What can I catch this time of year?  (Read 1640 times)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
What can I catch this time of year?
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
I'm going down to Brick tomorrow and I wanna fish a small a lake by my aunt's house. It has bass, sunnies, perch, and catfish. I never fished this late into the year before. Anyone know what I can catch, how to catch it, and what to use? Thanks in advance. 

t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: What can I catch this time of year?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
You should be able to catch all of the above.  With the weather system and rain today, the water may be "dirtier" than normal and the bite may be slow.  Sunnies, perch and catfish are all going to be looking for bait, like they always are.  Bass can be taken on bait too..like shiners, killies or worms.  They will probably not hit bait on bobbers though.  You are better off livelining it out. 

Bass will hit on lures too.  If it is overcast and the water is stained, you might need some brighter colors...chartreuse and whites.  Longer plastic worms in pumkinseed or watermelonseed rigged wacky or texas style will also work.    Spinners both inline and spinnerbaits will work, buzzbait and chatterbaits are great this time of the year too.  Anything that makes a lot of noise and/or creates a disturbance is the best to get the fish to bite.  You just need to slow down your retrieve also, as the fish may be a little more sluggish and may need enticing.

Good Luck and have fun!!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-