Author Topic: Stripers still bighting ! ! !  (Read 2971 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Stripers still bighting ! ! !
« on: December 18, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »
OK, I was out at Ortley for just a short time like 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour this morning around 10:30.  I saw a number of guys throwing swimmers and they were not doing to well. Went to the veh. and pulled out my 8' er with an AVA A17 green tail, and a teaser in yellow, Olive and black and in about 5 casts had one on.  Not sure it it hit the AVA or the teaser I am inclined to say the AVA because as I got it into the suds I lost it as the line went slack because of wave action.

About another 5 casts and fish on this time I did not loose this one as it was on the teaser that I made using a 3/0 circle hook.  It worked flawlessly.

Brought it to the beach and it was hooked right in the lower lip just like it is supposed to.  The fingers got to numb so I called it quits and went to my favorite B&T to spread more fish stories.

I gave away a few teasers I have been playing with and I will let you know the results I hope tomorrow.

The park was red hot today s many shorts have been C&R from the bathing beach south to A23.  Try all the local haunts and I am sure you will get fish.  I am going to try and get out this afternoon and see what happens.

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:04:11 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Strripers still bighting ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 02:15:02 PM »
Nice catch!  Thanks for the report.

I want to get out so bad... ???

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Stripers still bighting ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
Now is the time.  Depending on who you talk to some say the incoming others the out going.  I am an opportunistic fisherman and I have fished both and have caught.  Day or night, it makes no difference.  But you have to be out there to put a catch together.

But the sure thing that has been working for me this year are the teasers i have been using.  I have easily doubled my previous years catch by at least 50%.  I never thought that they would be so productive.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 02:54:01 PM »
Yeah, I know!  Unfortunately, my surf fishing and maybe even my fishing season is probably over ??? :'( >:(.  That back pain I am having is not a pulled muscle.  I just saw the Orthopaedist yesterday after Xrays and an MRI, I have a full blown back injury.  I have a bulging disc that is starting to herniate and compress nerves, degenerative disc disease and some disc compression in my lower back causing sciatica.  I am a MESS nosmly.  So, I have LOTS of physical therapy to try and stop any further damage and avoid surgery.  I have LOTS and LOTS of pain too and they won't consider any type of pain management until I do at least a month of physical therapy. 

So, there is no way for me to surf fish now, without doing more damage.  I may be able to get out and hit the bay or do some freshwater fishing, but I don't want to do more irreversible damage.  I just want to wet my lines!  However, Playstation 2 has some really cool fishing games I may need to invest in to help me "quench" my thirst!

TT^

Offline hideaway

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 04:18:46 PM »
nice catch! t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
Get better soon Pman!  At least you have all winter to recover from this. t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 07:10:48 PM »
Thanks for the great report Paul...I would like to try to get out there myself maybe over the weekend..I hope! will post a report if I do.

Sorry to here about the back problems Pfishingruven, do the right thing and get it taken care of and be back in the game come spring time...

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 07:34:35 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 07:38:57 PM »
Sorry about your back Pfishingruven,  If you just want to get out and shoot the dung let me know I can meet you somewhere just to talk pure fishing.

I have to tell you this morning I had second thoughts and my fingers did get numb till I held a cup of hot coffee at Grumpys.

I have to get more hand warmers just to have on hand for spontaneous monents like this morning.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I do have all winter to recover...hopefully that is all I will need 5hrug.

I may take you up on the offer Paul!  I just have to figure out my schedule...with everything and now 2 or so hours of physical therapy 3 days a week...I don't know if I am coming or going.  Not to mention that after the PT, I feel like crap::)!  They bend and stretch and pull me like Gumby. 

I do have plenty of time to tie up teasers and rigs now in place of the fishing time...and spend more time on here ;D.

Thanks again!

TT^

Offline kayak1

• only at night
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
I feel your pain Pf.... I had back surgery 3 years ago... hang in and dont push yourself...

Get better soon
The areas I fish are the ones you said where a wast of time

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-