Author Topic: Some more bucktails and fluke balls.  (Read 10348 times)

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
Re: Some more bucktails and fluke balls.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:13 PM »
I have no idea how to price these for selling. I have fun making them But I do not have the attention span to sit down and tie in bulk. Plus I can't even get my friends to pay for them on my boat LOL.   But if I were to sell they would be cheaper than spro.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 11:50:00 AM »
clp Verrrrrry nice! I am 100% in for some pink ones!!! It's my thing  msfsh ;D

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Ms Fish, you are right on...  I fish he inlet at IBSP and if your not fishing a white bucktail tipped with a white or pink curly tail your simply not catching.  Oh you can use other things and catch here and there but a simple white lure with white or pink is the key to catching down there.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »
I have no idea how to price these for selling. I have fun making them But I do not have the attention span to sit down and tie in bulk. Plus I can't even get my friends to pay for them on my boat LOL.   But if I were to sell they would be cheaper than spro.

I hear ya. It is always hard moving from a hobby to a "business". Before you sell yourself short just figure out what it costs per peice and just go from there with adding your cost to it. If you really like doing them chances are you can sell cheaper than your competition which may mean more business in the long run (IF you're looking for that). One thing you could do is just make them as want and stockpile them. When you get enough contact the people who you know who would want them and offload them.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
The problem is they are time consuming, and some people like to order a seasons worth at a time, so if three or four people were two say make an order of 10-30 each now you have to make 40-120 tails in all different styles and it can get overwhelming but. Just as any successful business if you can get through the initial hard parts you'll do well. Let us know if you do decide to sell.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline makokeith

• Personal Best 38LBS
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:05:41 AM »
The problem is they are time consuming, and some people like to order a seasons worth at a time, so if three or four people were two say make an order of 10-30 each now you have to make 40-120 tails in all different styles and it can get overwhelming but. Just as any successful business if you can get through the initial hard parts you'll do well. Let us know if you do decide to sell.

I agree with that there. I can maybe tie up four at a time tops before I get bored and antsy. I can pour and paint no problem though.  Thanks for the advice everybody.
Keith
Franklin, N.J.
Proud member of the I.B.E.W. local 827

MAKO 250wa twin 150 E-tecs
  Happily fishing out of Atlantic Highlands Municiple Marina.

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 08:56:29 AM »
Well if you want to pour and paint Ill help tie ;D
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
Well if you want to pour and paint Ill help tie ;D
I'll make lunch!!  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-