Author Topic: Late Winter Coastal Storm Wednesday 3/6 - Thursday 3/7  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Late Winter Coastal Storm Wednesday 3/6 - Thursday 3/7
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 04:49:10 PM »
Thanks Matt.  t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
Newest info out from NWS.

NWS PHI Weather Briefing #6

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 06:19:04 PM »
Reporting LIVE from Woodbine (near Sea Isle City). The wind is blowin! At times I am actually afraid that the office trailer I am working out of my flip!

Now back to you in the studio, Vanessa.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 06:38:15 PM »
Reporting LIVE from Woodbine (near Sea Isle City). The wind is blowin! At times I am actually afraid that the office trailer I am working out of my flip!

Now back to you in the studio, Vanessa.

Flooding is moderately bad down there...??

Offline fellinger

• Super Hero Member
    • SafeTec Training Services
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
From the news it appears so.

Fred, fishing the "Kristy Marie" from Manasquan River Club. Channels 16/67/68.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Thursday Update Late Winter Coastal Storm
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 10:22:27 AM »
There will be some residual effects from the storm today and then again overnight.  The Low has move pretty far off the coast.  It went much more to the east, than to the northeast.  Areas will still see snow showers/mix rain today, some gustier winds, and seas and surf will continue to be elevated and rough.  Marine Advisories are still in effect as are Coastal Flood Warnings.  Most areas north of Atlantic City fared much better than south of AC with regards to coastal flooding and wind damage.  Very few areas have seen any accumulation of snow...the snow forecast was a big bust, even for areas forecast to receive 10-12 inches of snow around Baltimore and DC.  These areas received NO snow!!  The only big snow areas were northern Virginia, which received as much as 24 inches in some locations.  Power outages were minimalized also due to the lack of snow.  Like I said, this was a track dependent storm and the track went much farther east than modeled.  High pressure up around Greenland really blocked this system from moving north at all.  As well, warm air limited snow from falling.  You certainly won't hear any complaints from me, as the area was spared a major hit again.  Winds, surge and seas were just under the strength Sandy came ashore with, however, this storm was much, much smaller.  This storm actually over performed off the coast of VA, generating hurricane force gusts of wind in Lewes, DE and generating 25+ foot waves at a buoy southeast of Cape May.  This was an entire foot higher than what Sandy created!

While the system drifts northeast today, energy from a low over the Great Lakes will transfer energy through an inverted trough.  Normally with a coastal storm, this would bring lots of rain and/or snow, however the system is too far off the coast for this to happen.  NJ may still see 1-2 and 2-4 inches of snow tonight with higher accumulations to the north.  Gustier winds are likely as well, but nothing close to the winds yesterday.  Water conditions will continue through the weekend, as it looks right now.  NWS PHI has issued another Briefing.  I will have a Weekend Outlook later today.  Looks like we will warm up some the beginning of the week, but the rest of the month may be seasonably colder than normal.  Take that for what it is worth...

NWS PHI Weather Briefing #7

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:07 PM »
 t^....Thanks.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Friday Morning Update on Late Winter Coastal Storm
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »
Clearly some areas have received more than the forecast amounts of snow.  Northwestern NJ has reports of 10 inches and more in areas.  The low has stalled and is just sitting there right now and the wrap around precipitation from the backside of this storm is covering the state and snowing in most places.  Some areas are seeing heavier banding of snow and accumulations are picking up quickly.

Weird system...

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
About 8" here and I am doing nothing about it, let it melt.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
Have about 3" here in Middletown and still coming down.   I am with Rick,  I am waiting for it to melt.
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-