Author Topic: Florida Party Boat List  (Read 32365 times)

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Re: Florida Party Boat List
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 03:11:58 PM »
MOst of mine was in Ft Lauderdale and that sounds about right.

Ped, sounds like ya married the wrong one :(

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »
do you think we will make it back by midnight bngh bngh bngh bngh bngh bngh bngh bngh rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla rofla hell of a ride ;D
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2007, 05:56:15 PM »
Hi mboy,

No, She is a keeper but I have learned not to tell her all the important things I love to do or have till after the fact.  Hay after 33 years I can't really complain.  Things have a way of working out.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »
Exactly,  Hay I'm Polish I learn slowly but I'm not stupid. 
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »
my folks have a house in Pomano Beach, a little town called Lighthouse Point. they are on a deep canal. every day when i go there, when i'm out back, there's a BIG cuda swimming slowly back and forth up and down the canal. we throw everything in our bag at him, he wont touch it. the locals there say he's fed very well, so he wont chase anything. we know it's the same one cause he's got a prop scar on his dorsal. but anyway, there's a fishing pier just north of there, Deerfield Beach fishing pier. i fished there one day, and i caught nada all day. then, one of the locals showed me the way. he had a five gallon bucket dangled off the pier, just below the water's surface. in the bucket was canned cat food. the bucket was full of tiny holes. baitfish of all varieties were swarming this bucket. he handed me a small pole, rigged to it was a sabiki rig, with 6 tiny hooks. i dangled the rig into the swarm, dropped it back and forth a few times, and pulled up 5 shiny live baits. he told me to hook one through the dorsal with no weight, and drop my line out. i did as i was taught, and ten minutes later i was rewarded with a 11 pound amberjack that fought like mad! had to use a bridge net to get him up to the pier. after a few pics, i gave him to my new teacher, and went back to try some more. caught 6 that day, all around the same size. great fighters. me and my pop fish south florida all the time now, when i get down there. what a variety of fish!
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 07:23:40 AM »
Try using a big tube lure for that 'cuda.

Cast it out and burn the retrieve right across the front of the fish. Retrieve can not be fast enoguh for 'cudas.

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
my folks have a house in Pomano Beach, a little town called Lighthouse Point. they are on a deep canal. every day when i go there, when i'm out back, there's a BIG cuda swimming slowly back and forth up and down the canal. we throw everything in our bag at him, he wont touch it. the locals there say he's fed very well, so he wont chase anything. we know it's the same one cause he's got a prop scar on his dorsal. but anyway, there's a fishing pier just north of there, Deerfield Beach fishing pier. i fished there one day, and i caught nada all day. then, one of the locals showed me the way. he had a five gallon bucket dangled off the pier, just below the water's surface. in the bucket was canned cat food. the bucket was full of tiny holes. baitfish of all varieties were swarming this bucket. he handed me a small pole, rigged to it was a sabiki rig, with 6 tiny hooks. i dangled the rig into the swarm, dropped it back and forth a few times, and pulled up 5 shiny live baits. he told me to hook one through the dorsal with no weight, and drop my line out. i did as i was taught, and ten minutes later i was rewarded with a 11 pound amberjack that fought like mad! had to use a bridge net to get him up to the pier. after a few pics, i gave him to my new teacher, and went back to try some more. caught 6 that day, all around the same size. great fighters. me and my pop fish south florida all the time now, when i get down there. what a variety of fish!

My parents condo was in Pompano also and I had regularly fished a pier down their.

The fish you sabiki'd were probably pilchard.

The pier I used to catch them at they were everywhere. Either used a sabiki (altho not called sabiki back in the early-mid 80''s or even better, they had a rig that had 6 wire hoops in it with red material running down the length. The pilchard used to swim in them and get stick. Also used small gill nets to get them as well.

Caught bluefish, jacks, pompano, yellowtail,grunts, big tropical fish tank fish, 'cuda, etc.

Best bait for your cuda is a blue runner.

Hook in front of dorsal, watch the cuda bite him in half and if he doesn't initially bite the hooked half, he will come back.

Shad darts used to do well to catch the blue runers and yellowtail if I remember correctly. It was a long time ago ;)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:25:03 AM by mboy »

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »
When I was fishing the piers in Fla. you really had to watch the pelicans otherwise they'd steal the pilchards right out of your bait bucket.

I also used to fish off some of the old bridges in the Keys. We used to catch blue runners then rig them on a heavy outfit. We'd attact a small balloon to act as a bobber and free spool the rig out with the tide/current. The barracuda would attack the blue runners like a Sidewinder heat seeking missle. Man was it cool to watch. We'd fight the fish and once it was beat, we'd walk down along the base of the bridge and cut the line as close to the hook as possible without losing any fingers. Always used cheap hooks as we knew they'd rust out.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
I think this is worth a sticky or saving someplace. I know I'd like to consult it before my next trip to the Sunshine State. t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
Stickied.   TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 05:40:55 PM »
Hummm  I see some need Websites..  t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 12:38:21 AM »
Go Get'um oh website Guru...
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 06:25:10 PM »
Look at the one in Port Canaveral.  They offer some kind of fishing trips.

Offline Chico

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
I would like to add several more to your list. The other partyboat you fished in Tavernier was probably the Miss Tradewinds out of WHale Harbor, don't know if it's still there. In Key Largo the Gulfstream is an all day boat that does put you on the fish. Either bottom fishing for grouper and mangrove/mutton snapper or the back of the boat does a rotation as they chum up yellowtail snapper, a real BLAST! In the Tarpon Springs section you have to add Hubbards Marina as they do some overnight trips to the "Middle Grounds" of the Gulf. Some of the best fishing on the West Coast. I will try to find the info on boats in the Ft Meyers to Venice area. There is a boat in Ft Meyers that runs down to the Dry Tortugas! I have a house there and will be there in a couple of weeks. My all time favorite West Coast boat is an "Open Boat" Capt. Joe Miller runs 40 to 70 miles offshore to fish live bait for grouper, snapper, AJ,s, etc. His prices are usually lower than listed at  http://www.fishgaloreoffshore.com/

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-