Author Topic: Wader and boot suggestions  (Read 4769 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
Wader and boot suggestions
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »
I am just getting over screwing up my knee and can finally walk again.  but have been told it still will be about 8 weeks until i can get on a boat.  i wanted to get back into surf fishing again and would like some suggestions on good waders and boots to use.  something under 100 would be nice  clp.  all suggestions welcome.

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Wader and boot suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:16:27 PM »
The best thing to do is to go and try on waders in your price range.  This way you should be able to see is there is any mobility problem.  I had both hips replaces so trying many different brands on I settled on the Snowbees brand which is a loose fit.  I hear they are no longer around but as for me they were the winner.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:42:03 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:23:38 PM »
I don't think you can really get a bad brand.  By price category, in the $100 range Hodgeman and the Cabela's Brands always get good ratings and thumbs up.  I would only go with a breathable boot foot lug sole for the surf(on the sand/beach).

Be careful surf fishing, you can get hurt so easily.  Good luck on a great recovery and hopefully you will be back on a boat in no time.

TT^ 

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »
 whs
I've heard nothing but good things about Cabelas breathables.  And they stand behind their product forever.  Trying them on is a must though, so a trip to Pa. would be in order.  That's the only reason I didn't go with them.
I have the Prolines and their not too bad.  Nothing exceptional about them though.

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:04:31 PM »
Have owned 3 types and they all have advantages
/disadvantages. A good breathable is over 150 and most comfortable in all kinds of air and water temps but are fragile maybe only 2 seasons and then leak.They are light so will need to layer up in the cold. Neoprenes are heavy they keep you warm and are cheaper and more durable. My last pair lasted 7 yrs with light use. Rubber is cheap and durable but heavy. I always rinse and hang to dry and never leave them bunched up in the trunk. I currently own all 3 and use them.You decide  ;D

Offline brijones1

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 06:33:31 PM »
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 07:39:57 PM »
Waders

Boots

Boots and waders from cabelas that I've purchased for this upcoming season.

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »
Good topic and suggestions. Try em on,look at the quality,and decide what fits your budget and intended use. BUT always wash them with fresh water and hang them up to prolong the life and avoid cracks and leakes. t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-