Author Topic: Tribute to our Wounded Warriors  (Read 2884 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Tribute to our Wounded Warriors
« on: April 29, 2012, 06:01:44 PM »
What price freedom:
Throughout history, millions of courageous men and women have served and protected this Country we call America. America! Land of the FREE!
1776, We the peoples of this new country declares that we are, and will forever be, free!
This New Country, this land born from a diversity of oppressed cultures, this land of opportunities, bears the hopes and dreams of so many. The though of being able to choose the life one want to live, is at best, a concept for most, a dream, a dream so far from reality that it resembles a fairy tale, a mythical land of fiction. We, in America, refuse to accept that concept of reality. We will be FREE, FREE at any cost. But what cost freedom? Freedom has never, is, and will never be, free. Freedom, a reality bought and paid for with blood, shattered bones, shattered lives. We, all of us, are FREE because we in this country have, and will continue to, pay the price, the price for freedom. Many patriots, heroes, Americans have, in the course of freedom, given all that they could possibly give. Thousands upon thousands of Americans, America's heroes, will never again step foot on American soil. Thousands have returned as 'Wounded Warriors'.
It is to the veterans of this great country that we owe our freedom, our American way of life, our American dream. We can never even hope to pay these heroes, these 'Wounded Warriors' what they are really worth. What price FREEDOM! How do you re-pay Mister Pete Herrick, Iraq war veteran. Mister Herrick proudly served in the navy of this country. Six weeks before 9/11 he was severely injured in a mortar attack. What price freedom? Today, this American hero is joined by his courageous wife, Diana, and his father, his father known only as 'Mountain Man'. Thanks to the State of Maine for giving us the Herrick family.
Thanks to Mister Ralph Raperto, a Vietnam 'Wounded Warrior'. for giving more than any man should ever be asked to give. After having his left arm shattered, this man, this American legend, returned to battle, to defending his country. A short time later a land mine claimed both of his legs. What price freedom?
In a show of gratitude, of patriotism, the Allen's, owners of Tiger Island Outfitters, rewarded these American icons with a good old Southern tradition, a hunt for the Florida wild boar. Ralph shot two. He had a smile on his face from ear to ear. Ralph used a WW ll rifle to down his prizes. Following a tremendously exciting hunt, was a real Southern tradition, a BBQ feast fit for a king, fit for a 'Wounded warrior!. Live music, with a Southern flair, was provided by Shell Mound 3.
Thanks to Tiger island Outfitters for organizing this tribute to our 'Wounded Warriors' And a very special thanks to the many organizations who donated so much, to the fine chefs, to Shell mound 3, to the grateful patrons of this country, this FREE country, for making this tribute, this salute to America's heroes, to our 'Wounded Warriors', possible.
What price freedom:

What a feast:

Even 'Mountain Man' from Maine enjoys a good old Southern feast:

The Music...Southern stile:

Mister Pete Herrick & Family:

Mister Ralph Raperto:

Check out the 10 minute video of the Tiger Island tribute to our real heroes, our 'Wounded Warriors!'
Mister Chuck Echenique, 'VIEWS FROM THE BLIND' columnist Woods''nWater Magazine, gives the dedication:
(click on the link)
Bob Harbison  Native Florida Sportsman, member Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Tribute to our Wounded Warriors
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »
Good Stuff

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »
Awesome Harbison! clp  Thank you to our brave vets! t^

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
 clp
Thank you gentlemen/ladies. It was a real honor to cover this event. I will never forget the looks on these 'Wounded Warriors' faces. To say they were thrilled does, in no way, express the emotions I witnessed. They appreciated the outcry of support much more than can ever be imagined. It was a real honor!
  Bob H.

Offline SouthPaw

• There's more to it than catching
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:50 AM »
 TT^ To the Allens for hosting the feast.  TT^ TT^ To the vets so the Allens are able to host the feast.  TT^ TT^ TT^ To the animals that gave the ultimate sacrifice to the feast. Just wish I could taste some of that, looks delicious.
A good day of fishing is better than a bad day of fishing. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. That means work sucks!

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
 slt slt slt t^
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline captainbailey

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:02:42 AM »
Great write-up with an even better cause  slt
Z

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »
 slt slt slt   NICE JOB MEN   slt slt slt
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »
Great job!   slt slt
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:28 AM »
Awesome  clp

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 02:02:17 AM »
 w0w
Thanks guys! It was an event I will never forget. I spent all afternoon  with Ralph. What a gentleman, what a hero!  I do not believe words can adequately describe the excitement in this man's eyes. He talked about his rifles & the hogs he shot for hours. He gave so much, and lost so much. Never did I hear a single complaint, a single gripe. He remains an inspiration for all around him. Ralph is living life to the fullest!
OH! I almost forgot. Someone mentioned food. If you have never tried hot, out of the oak wood smoker, pork and chicken, you owe it to yourself to do so. It defies the imagination. In addition we had another good ole Southern favorite, smoked sausage. Salads of all kinds, cakes, pies, etc., etc., the list went on & on. Talk about a feast! 
Salute to our wounded warriors will be held again next year. The only thing that would make it better would be to have those from the Garden State join us.  Bob H.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-