Author Topic: Get ready to bend over again  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Get ready to bend over again
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 08:33:38 AM »
Just a question....Does anyone know what effect (positive or negative) a saltwater license had in Florida?

I realize the politics of New Jersey & Florida are more than likely polar opposites.

If you talk with the guys from Saltwater Sportsman magazine they have been in favor of a license in NJ based on the "success" of the Florida license. 

To your second point, from what I read and have seen on the news, Florida politics are just as screwed up (if not more so) than NJ politics. :P

-Bob

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »
say interview us as to what we catch  has ANYONE seen them out asking or taking logs of the catches ?  5hrug

Yes, I've seen them filling out their logs on the Jamaica II.  I also used to have an employee that was doing his internship to become a marine biologist.  Part of his responsibilities were to take these surveys.

-Bob

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
Just a question....Does anyone know what effect (positive or negative) a saltwater license had in Florida?

I realize the politics of New Jersey & Florida are more than likely polar opposites.

Sure, anyone who has ever heard or Spoken to george Poveromo on the subject (I have both many times).

He is VERY adamant about the positive impact it has had in Florida in allowing Legislatures to see the economic following/impact that recreational fisherman have.  Proof of their power #'s.

I have brought this up many times in this forum every time this discussion comes back up (every few months).

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
say interview us as to what we catch  has ANYONE seen them out asking or taking logs of the catches ?  5hrug

I don't even KNOW anyone who has ever been asked (aside for oofshore type of stuff).

Offline ReelErIn

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »
NJ Saltwater License is just around the corner
if NJ doesn't do it the Feds will. If DA Feds do it NJ Sportsmen/women can say by by  grtn  to all da $$.
 rgmn rgmn rgmn rgmn
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:38:09 AM by ReelErIn »
willies1999fxsts@yahoo.com
Hunter Ed Instructor NJ F&W
NJ Federation/NJOA

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »
True Mike, the license shows the #s.
But, If the legislatures are that damn blind that they can't see the impact without having a # shoved in front of them, then I have no use for that legislator.
No one can be that stupid that they can't see all the boats/fishermen that there are. You don't need a license to show that, just get their damn head out of their A$$ and they could see it clear as day.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »
True Mike, the license shows the #s.
But, If the legislatures are that damn blind that they can't see the impact without having a # shoved in front of them, then I have no use for that legislator.

If they needed to in Fl, then why do you think they wouldn't need to in NJ?
No one can be that stupid that they can't see all the boats/fishermen that there are. You don't need a license to show that, just get their damn head out of their A$$ and they could see it clear as day.

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 03:53:37 PM »
While they are at it, maybe they can set up a "Beachdune Birdwatchers Liscence" too! See how many of them there are in this state !!!  rofla hhppy rofla hhppy hhppy
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-