Author Topic: off shore seabass  (Read 3353 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
off shore seabass
« on: January 15, 2009, 12:50:32 PM »
was suppose to go tonite,trip was on as of 11 this morning,all pumped up,loading my gear and getting everything together,then around 12:15 friend Ken who booked the trip for us calls me back that he got a call from the boat that they changed there mind and were canceling,this is after they told him it was a go.the reason was the captain was concerned for the safety of the passengers with icing on the deck. :'( well back to my cabin fever duldrums.now really looking forward to Delaware Bandit trip in Febuary.    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: off shore seabass
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
Safety first. Smart Captain. I have been on boats that were iced up when I was in the Coast Guard. Not fun at all.
It is disappointing though, getting a trip cancelled.  :'(
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
That stinks...hate getting all excited and then getting weathered out!  Although, ice skating on the deck of a boat does not sound fun, either.

TT^

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
YEah it stinks when you are all primed to go.....but as was said safety before anything else. I've had 2 deepwater Sea Bass trips cancelled on me this year 5hrug  So I wind up doing thing to make the little women happy chrz

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:48:43 PM »
Its not offshore but the Carolyn Ann III out of Barnegat Light, NJ was supposed to finish up this weekend, but so to the extreme cold, they have suspended their operations until the spring.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-