Author Topic: Cabela's  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Great American Fisherman

Cabela's
« on: February 10, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
In my opinion Cabela's is the worst store on the planet.  For about two weeks or so I have been going through one of the worst purchasing experiences of my adult life.  They can't get my request right.  The one jacket was faulty.  Told me it would take 3 weeks or so to get a new one.  The other one was too big.  So, I said, lets bag it and and give me my money back.  I have different people emailing me and it is like starting all over again.  My account is not marked with my wishes.  There is no notes on my account to show whatI want done.  I have to start over with every person who emails me on my so called status.

I will never ever order or visit Cabela's again.  They should be out of business as far as I am concerned.  What a rotten experience this is.

Be good!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Cabela's
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »
I have never had a problem ordering from them at all!  You might be better off calling and don't let them beat around the bush.  Tell them what you want and how you want it done and they will give in and do it.  Very few companies' Customer Service will just do it automatically, especially in this economy.  If you make the requests or the demands, they usually go ahead and do it.  For example, I got a reel that was damaged in shipping most likely.  They told me I could return it for an exchange obviously, but I decided I just wanted my money back.  They never refunded my original shipping until I called them and then they gave in!

Good Luck.  I would really try a phone call if you haven't already.  I don't blame you for having no faith in them!

TT^

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 08:24:16 PM »
They should not have to "give in".  Cabela's should do their job.  In my case.....  They have not.  I have ordered different items from Amazon and never an issue.  Same with Fisherman's Headquarters and Walmart online and the rest.  Even E Bay.  Never a problem, until now!!!!  Never ever Cabela's again!!!!!!

Offline blynch

• Regulator 23FS "Say When"
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »
Wow that;s odd you should say that i have had meny dealings with cabela's in the past and all have been positive.
GOT UM'
Regulator 23 "Say When"
Check out my video reprorts and other useful info on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV5WhrcFHzPsIpcTkCmksWg?feature=watch

Offline striper sniper

• Semper Fi
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
Sorry to hear your having a problem with them-

In my experience, they are one of the best in customer service for NOT giving me problems on returns.  I actually pay more for an item from time to time and purchase through them knowing if I have a problem its covered.

I agree with previous post-demand a refund immediately.  You'd be surprised what a little rant n raving will do!!

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
I never heard of a problem from them either.  I order from them online and things are great.. but I never went to there store. 
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
You should call the customer service and explain what's been happening and ask to speak with a supervisor if you don't get anywhere with the rep.

I find when I have problem with a company being firm yet courteous goes a long way.

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 11:46:54 PM »
You should call the customer service and explain what's been happening and ask to speak with a supervisor if you don't get anywhere with the rep.

I find when I have problem with a company being firm yet courteous goes a long way.
most times they want the customer to be satisfied,most times in the past if I had problems with anyone and it wasn't a big amount I would just let it slide,but finally took the stand and if I'm not satisfied will call customer service or management and state my case and be courteous they will help you and try to make you a happy customer.also deal with a corperate customer service,instead of with management of an individual store.good luck t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 12:47:14 PM »
I've made countless online purchases (clothes, shoes, tackle, rods, reels) from Cabela's over the years and never had a single problem.

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »
I have had nothing but good experiences with Cabelas and always thought that their customer service was great.

Sorry to hear of the bad luck GAF.

Offline sea nymph

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:18 PM »
Never had a problem with Cabela's!  One of the best customer service departments out there.  Always address an issue in person or by phone and then follow it up with a letter!  When you call Cabela's you can actually understand them, they speak English! 
I had a camo jacket that after 2 years the zipper broke. They could not replace the zipper but offered to either pay to have it replaced or give me a big discount on a new one. 

They are starting to monitor returns!  They swipe your driver license, that way they track whether you're a habitual returner.  Too many people are buying products such as hunting gear, using the items during the hunting season and then returning them afterwards.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »
Maybe they layed off all the good customer service reps. :-\
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 08:23:33 AM »
They are also one of the few online retailers that employ Americans for customer service jobs instead of overseas call centers.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 09:09:49 AM »
That is weird for Cabela's first problem I have ever heard of with them. I hope they are not getting to big for theirselves and loseing focus.
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-