Author Topic: Fishing Reel repair  (Read 1953 times)

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
Fishing Reel repair
« on: March 29, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »
went to fishing flea market this morning at the VFW in Manville NJ.a table there selling fishing reels and also a sign fishing reel repair,I asked him about a Penn 704Z spinning reel that I had gotten from a friend that I had taken apart to clean because of corrosion and sand in it and I took the bail off on one side and couldn't get the bail spring back in when putting back together.he said I could mail it to him instead of coming to his shop which I believe is in his home in Colonia.so I took his business card when I left.after getting home decided to go back with the reel and let him look at it since he was in town.he looked at it and even though he had no tools with him was able to put it back in a few minutes,I said what do I owe you,his response was nothing happy fishing.took reel home WD 40ed and lubed,excellent reel works like new.just like to mention who he is from his card.Dee's Fishing Reels & Repair Penn,Daiwa,others Dennis Kunz 157 Kimberly Road Colonia NJ 07067 phone 732-381-5501 E-Mail Marathonguy@optonline.net. t^  Kez
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:04:02 PM by kezsr »
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Fishing Reel repair
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:50:22 PM »
Way to go.  Did you tell him to get onto the site.  It is guys like that that make this site rock.  That is why we are getting popular while others are loosing members.

t^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »
Paul I sent him an email with the link to the post    Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »
Good for you Kez.  Didn't you post something about that bail spring a long time ago?  Anyway, at least you finally got it fixed. t^

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:17 PM »
Good for you Kez.  Didn't you post something about that bail spring a long time ago?  Anyway, at least you finally got it fixed. t^
someone else posted about cleaning up a reel and I mentioned in response to that post about taking the bail off on mine and not being able to get it back together,I searched back in my posts and that was in November,you have an awesome memory. Kez t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-