Author Topic: keyport municipal ramp  (Read 4183 times)

Offline intili61

keyport municipal ramp
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:32:31 PM »
Anyone launch from the municipal ramp yet this year? Was thinking of checking it out this saturday, is there anyplace to tie up to park/get the truck? Thanks!

Offline fishraiser

• "Ya Can't Take It With Ya"
Re: keyport municipal ramp
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 12:18:12 AM »
went by there Monday .Not good,ramp full of debris to where you couldn't back down if you wanted to & also the floating docks were'nt in nosmly
Capt. Joe

Offline intili61

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 08:17:27 AM »
Thanks, guess i will go to seawaren tomorrow!

Offline intili61

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 08:17:23 PM »
well we went to the keyport municipal ramp on the info that it was clean, and it was! unfortunately @ 7:30am on 18Apr2009, there was hardly any water to launch, so off to up the creek we went. Is this municipal ramp better when the floating docks are in? Or is it a high water only ramp? What about the ramp in sayreville? Any one have any advice or directions on that ramp? I would like to put in in that general area as an option to seawaren in the early season before we switch to leonardo, thanks!

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
That ramp is the pits. MMF and I went there and there was no water at all nosmly nosmly Never again and I for got Red65 was there and pulled use in :-\
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Sayreville ramp has 2 launches,each will take 2 at a time,has docks,very good ramp call it my yacht club,get there by going over river on Rt 9 south over bridge,take first exit South Amboy Business,go under parkway,make left at church puts you on Main St.stay on this for about 2 miles,turn right on River st right to the ramp.   Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
Been stuck trying to get in at the Keyport Muni.  Had to wait for tide to come in on my buddies Robalo 5hrug Not good.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:05:14 PM by pilot2550 »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 09:50:11 AM »
The Sayerville ramp is one beautiful ramp.  Plenty of parking for your veh and trailer also.  I was up there yesterday and it was about as ready as I have ever seen it.

Like Kezer said it is like a country club.  I think it is like 50 bucks a year for res and 75 a year for non res.  At least that is what I was told by a 3rd party.  5hrug

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »
The Sayerville ramp is one beautiful ramp.  Plenty of parking for your veh and trailer also.  I was up there yesterday and it was about as ready as I have ever seen it.

Like Kezer said it is like a country club.  I think it is like 50 bucks a year for res and 75 a year for non res.  At least that is what I was told by a 3rd party.  5hrug

it's $75 a year for residents,$150 a year for non residents,and $100 a year for senior citizens.http://www.bpcnet.com/codes/sayreville/  go to parks and recreational areas and then municipal boat launching facilities     Kez
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 10:33:32 AM by kezsr »
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »
Thanks Kez, like I said it was a 3rd party guess...

Great area.  I have an Aunt that is a Sayer and that part of the family goes way back to revolutionary war times.  Pretty cool.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:08 AM »
Paul,very convenient for me,only 25 minutes from home,can get crowded in nice weather on weekends during the season,I normally only go during the week,occaisonal Sunday,but on early off early. t^ Kez

Offline intili61

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29:36 AM »
how long of a ride from the ramp to the bay? is is shallow back in there? Never been up the raritan, i heard there is good striper fishing around the bridge. Thanks!

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 07:37:34 AM »
how long of a ride from the ramp to the bay? is is shallow back in there? Never been up the raritan, i heard there is good striper fishing around the bridge. Thanks!
10 min ride to open bay,channel in the river,just stay in it.    Kez

Offline intili61

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
thanks

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
Keyport ramp is functional now. But it still sucks at low tide, I  dont trailer anymore but you will get the back of the tow vehicle  wet.
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-