Author Topic: nmfs regs ? something new ???  (Read 2033 times)

Offline WATSNEXT

• zee zeeee zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
nmfs regs ? something new ???
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:06:09 AM »
Sent out for my HMS permit, and I happened read a little further in the noaa news section, I read that to retain whahoo and mahi mahi any where on the atlantic coast and additional permit is needed all they give is a phone number to call. MY ? is does the HMS permit cover whahoo n mahi . Did I read this wrong or did the nmfs figure out another way to get their other hand in my pocket   cfzd  anyone know ??? please reply
Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.”
- Robert N. Rose

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: nmfs regs ? something new ???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
You only need that permit if you are a charter or headboat.

Here is the 'reminder' from NMFS:

Reminder for Charter/Headboat owners and operators
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) wants to remind fishermen there are several federal regulations regarding fishing for dolphin and wahoo in federal waters of the Atlantic Ocean (Maine through the east coast of Florida). Summary of requirements *Owners and operators of charter vessels, and headboats are required to have a federal vessel permit to fish for or possess dolphin and wahoo in the Atlantic Ocean. *The vessel operator must have an operator card on board the vessel along with one other form of personal identification that includes a picture (driver license, passport, etc.). *How to get a permit or operator card* If you are the owner of a vessel needing a vessel permit and operator card to fish for dolphin and wahoo, please contact the Permits Branch at the address listed below: NOAA Fisheries Service Southeast Regional Office Permits Branch 263 13th Avenue South St. Petersburg, Florida 33701 Phone: 727-824-5326; FAX: 727-551-5747 For a copy of the offical notice, visit the library

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline WATSNEXT

• zee zeeee zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:17:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Yea I read it again and saw that, Don't know how I missed it the first time around THANKS Gene W
Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.”
- Robert N. Rose

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »
Good luck out there.

Where do you run out of? I am out of Shark River. Maybe see you on the water one day. I hope to do more mud hole trips this year. t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yea I read it again and saw that, Don't know how I missed it the first time around THANKS Gene W

It is very easy to miss Regulations!  You need to hire an attorney and obtain counsel before you go fishing any more!  I think they want you to miss the regulations that way they can get you later 5hrug?!?!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-