Author Topic: First Ride Issue  (Read 1381 times)

Offline PHIL

First Ride Issue
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »
Took my newly purchased 2004 20ft. Sea Hunt c.c. out for the first ride yesterday morning. Dropped it at Lighning Jacks at the end of the Manasquan Inlet. I had a lot of motor maintenance done when I bought it. The motor Yamaha 150 2 stroke, ran good. The only issue I had was from half throttle to full, there was a hesitation. The boat sat shrinkwrapped for 3 years. So, I had them also drain all of the fuel and put new in. Do you guys think eventually it will work itself out after getting all of the old junk out of it? I gave it a good run about 2 hours. In the begining max speed was 41. After an hour, it did 47mph. The boat is smooth and very dry. Handles very well and the weather was perfect.  slt

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: First Ride Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »
You may have had some fuel still in your carbs and fuel lines that you had to burn. If she settled down and is running good now, see how it does the next trip. If you continue to have a problem you may need to get the carbs and fuel pump looked at.

Sounds like you had a good shake down cruise otherwise.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 04:19:16 PM »
Burn it out!!.

Remember 2 stoke Motors are made to run WOT  do not baby it. if you do it will lead to carbon build up, then broken rings and blown pistons.  open that baby up and let her Scream as much as you can..!!

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:25 PM »
All good advice by Joe & Rod. I recommend, for the second trip, tow her up to Raritan Bay and catch some stripers! <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-