Author Topic: cigar weights  (Read 1546 times)

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
cigar weights
« on: June 07, 2007, 11:22:31 AM »
hi all,
looking for an online source for cigar weights for trolling. thanks for any help!
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: cigar weights
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 12:10:33 PM »
Hareball,
I don't buy any of my sinker so I can't help you out there, but...have you considered making your own?

You can buy an electric pot to melt the lead, bead chain and a mold for the trolling weights. Once you have the basic equipment you can also get molds for any type sinker that you use.  In the long run it will save you a lot of $. 
Get the equipment, a couple of pals, some refreshments and have a sinker making party.  Share the expense and cut the price even further.  Go to the tire store of your prefference and get tire weights to melt down.  If you know the owner/workers they will probably give you the old ones for free.

Just a thought.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline hareball

• Super Hero Member
    • waterwolves
Re: cigar weights
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »
thanks capt, I thought about giving that a shot but never got around to it over the winter. now that i'm getting things ready for the troll i'm wishing I did!
There is water at the bottom of the ocean- David Byrne

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-