Author Topic: Tampa Bay and Clearwater area?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline striperboi890

Tampa Bay and Clearwater area?
« on: July 19, 2009, 12:33:28 AM »
Has anyone fished in the Clearwater or Tampa Bay area since im going on vacation with my family but i never go on  any vacation with out goin fishing  and if you can tell me the fish species and what they will hit(lures) and eat(bait)
Andrew

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Tampa Bay and Clearwater area?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »
The area you are going is loaded with fish this time of year from redfish to tarpon to bonefish, grouper you name it in southern waters it is there.  The best advice I can give you as to what bait is to go to the nearest B&T and ask them.  They will give you tons of information to get you started.

If you want a treat go to the St. Pete pier at night and fish there it is a great place to fish and if your into shopping those that are not fishing can roam the piers shops.  There used to be a small bait shop in the south west corner of the pier but check first.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline striperboi890

Re: Tampa Bay and Clearwater area?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
The area you are going is loaded with fish this time of year from redfish to tarpon to bonefish, grouper you name it in southern waters it is there.  The best advice I can give you as to what bait is to go to the nearest B&T and ask them.  They will give you tons of information to get you started.

If you want a treat go to the St. Pete pier at night and fish there it is a great place to fish and if your into shopping those that are not fishing can roam the piers shops.  There used to be a small bait shop in the south west corner of the pier but check first.

Happy Catching

Paul
Ok thank you
Andrew

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-