Author Topic: sandy hook fishing  (Read 5126 times)

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
sandy hook fishing
« on: June 10, 2007, 07:29:57 PM »
what kind of fish are they catching at sandy hook.  What are they using for bait.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: sandy hook fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »
lotta fishing, that was a quick-bland post.  t^ .. i think everything is being caught around the sandy hook area, depends if your surf fishing or off a boat..

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »
Welcome Lotta Fishing.  Stay tuned for all the answers that will be coming your way.  Like Fishon said, are you fishing from a boat or the surf? And is there a specific type of fish you want to know about?
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
I really want to know alot about stripers and fluke what i should use for bait.  And what time of the day should i go down to the beach, Is it better to go fishing on shore or on the boat.

Lotta fishin

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 08:08:29 PM »
Lotta, it's always better on a boat.  You can cover more ground.  You are limited on the beach to the lenght of your cast etc.
Others here fish the Sandy Hook area, I do not.  They will be answering up when the are online.  You will have enough info for several pages in your notebook.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
I just wanted to know were is the best spots on land for sandy hook and what will i normally catch there and what should i use

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 08:24:16 PM »
I just wanted to know were is the best spots on land for sandy hook and what will i normally catch there and what should i use

For that area, from the beach, get yourself on North or the Nude Beach.  Straight out from there are clam beds, you will see the boats.  That is your starting place if your on the surf.  Large fresh clams will be key for that area.  If you go after a noreaster, you can get the clams right off the beach as they get washed up.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 09:06:59 PM »
Is there anything by the end of sandy hook on land?  If so what kind of fish are there and what time should i go there to fish. 

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 09:09:07 PM »
lotta fishin,
  Of course there is fish there, that is the end of north beach/fort hancock. stripers, blue fish, fluke, sea robins, skates, you have it all right there. it just depends on how the weather is, what the tide is, and if your lucky  ;D ;D ;D

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »
Hi Lotta,

Welcome Aboard.

Here is a link posted very short time ago.

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=1311.0

The site is loaded with information and this time of year just about everything you can imagine is running and if it isn't it will be very soon.

Look around the whole site with a pen and pad jot down the page or mark it and put it into a fishing file for future reference.

You will learn every thing from choosing the right line type to hook size, what type of terminal tackle to use, where to fish the beach and where not to.  Even to the correct apparel (NJSF stuff) to make sure you look good catching that trophy fish. TT^

I fish IBSP mostly and don't usually get up to SH but right now it is fun time.  So get ready to learn a lot.  Have fun doing it. Make a lot of good new friends along the way.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline shadyvito

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »
For that area, from the beach, get yourself on North or the Nude Beach.  Straight out from there are clam beds, you will see the boats.  That is your starting place if your on the surf.  Large fresh clams will be key for that area.  If you go after a noreaster, you can get the clams right off the beach as they get washed up.
NUDE BEACH!! How did I miss that!?
PS - That's what that part of the alphabet would look like if there where no Q or R.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 08:03:37 AM »
NUDE BEACH!! How did I miss that!?
HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW ABOUT IT...  ;D

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Flukedood

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »
I fish the North beach at the hook and do pretty well with fluke at the false hook and all the way out to the tip.. Set yourself up with some jig heads from 3/8 oz up to 1 ounce and try out a bunch of plastics and Gulp swim baits ect..The bait of choice may change from day to day. You can also use smaller bucktails with a strip bait , cut bait or swim minnow these also work very well..

I like fishing the incoming tide up until the back end of high tide..
I spend 90% of my time fishing, The rest I just waste..

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 08:33:07 PM »
How do you think sandy hook will be this saturday for stripers, blues?  Or do you think that point pleasent will be good as well.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 09:10:54 PM »
right now, Sandy hook is producing stripers, if you want bluefish, it really dont matter where you go.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 09:20:44 PM »
Lotta Fishing check your PM in the upper left corner for messages you should see 1 message click on it.

Thanks

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:42 PM »
Bluefish are every where lotta fishing. Just throw out a spoon, and in about 6 seconds say FISH ON!!!

Fish On

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-