Author Topic: Point Pleasant  (Read 3307 times)

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
Point Pleasant
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:28:30 PM »
I have fished the PT.Pleasant beach with my family, but dont remember exactly where i was. It was on shore in the ocean, im not sure how close to the inlet it was. Off hand, does anyone know of any fishing beaches, or areas that i am ALLOWED to fish on the surf at Pt. Pleasant without the people swimming. How would i get there from the parkway, exit 98, etc. Thanks

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: Point Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:59 PM »
I like the manasquan inlet, but if you want to fish off the beach, then im not sure. Gotta let some others help you out there.  ;)

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »
Most of the NJ beaches.  well at least LBi. you can fish anywhere the swimmer aren't.

They have flags up in front of the life guards for the swimmers..

the fisherman just can't fish there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:53:40 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:58:40 PM »
Hi,

I noticed that they finally fixed (i.e. removed) the fence that used to block access to the end of the south jetty. I would park in a lot and work the Manasquan Inlet (Pt. Pleasant/south side). There have been nice fluke taken on the incoming tide. I would walk the jetty to the end and work the south pocket and in front of the jetty for either fluke, blackfish, blues or stripers. There are always blues out in front.

I hated that fence ... I am glad someone finally pulled it down. The Jenkinson's badge checkers actually tried to charge me one time ... forget that ... my tax money paid for the jetty.

Good luck,

Capt. Ed

Offline drome

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:23:05 AM »
Hey guys,

Taking a break from working on the new house.... I expect to have my lines wet finally at the end of this month.

Easiest way to point... via exit 98, take 34 south.  Eventually 34 will turn into 35 south at the intersection with route 70....  You will see some new condo / townhouses built by "The Monmouth" in front of you at that intersection.  Continue on 35, you will cross over a bridge.  After the bridge take the first u turn so you can head towards the street the 7-11 is on.  That road takes you down to the beach, inlet and party boat central!!!

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 03:55:33 PM »
Where should i go saturday surf fishing, point pleasant / near the inlet or the jetty, or sandy hook ? if you had to pick...

sandy hook hasnt produced much for me as of late, but everyone always says oh yeah go to sandy hook...  :P

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »
You just answered your own question...

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 04:15:29 PM »
i would say sandy hook, no ??

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 03:33:03 PM »
The fishing for fluke were awesome last weekend we caught one 17 inch fluke and another 20 half inch.  We caught a bunch of little fluke but we used squid and killies

Offline lotta fishing

• Full Member of the Den
open boats
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:05:36 PM »
i just want to know if any one will have any open boats during the 10-14 if possible with four people.  looking for stripers and fluke and blues.

thanks
lotta fishing

Offline wingshooter

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »
manasquan inlet is very good for fishing, and dont forget to try for tog there i allways managed to wrestle one or 2 after loosing a few hooks to the sea gods(rocks_

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 05:36:42 PM »
What do you mean 10-14? Do you mean July 10th to July 14th? I am guessing he wants to know if anyone has an open boat for those dates.  t^

Fish Off  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-