Author Topic: cod, pollock, haddock, in N.H. 10/5  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Stray Cat

cod, pollock, haddock, in N.H. 10/5
« on: October 02, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
Heading up to N.H. sunday night to fish Eastman's monday. I'll post reports when I get back. I didn't go on last year's charter but was told our gang had double header pollock up to 25lbs each, hopefully those boston blues will be up there this year.
Mark

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: cod, pollock, haddock, in N.H. 10/5
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »
Good luck and have a great trip. Don't forget the camera.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »
Safe travels and tight lines to ya sir!  t^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 09:11:00 PM »
Enjoy!  t^
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21:28 PM »
Good luck and enjoy!

TT^

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 08:54:47 PM »
Well I have a report for you guys but no pic's, I forgot to bring the camera. One of my buddy's friend had his so maybe I'll get some  pic's from him.

My brother and I left north jersey at 12am and arrived at the boat a little after 4am. Waited for the rest of the gang to show up. The hardest part of these trips are getting the gear on and off the boat, its a team effort. You have to walk the gear down a good size pier, then down a gangway to a float, then board one boat and walk thru it to get on our boat.

We left at 6am with the capt giving the safety speech and previous day's fishing report which wasn't to good. Sailed east for 2 hours and then it was time to  drop the anchor and get busy. Started to pick away at fish, mostly market size cod and nice size haddock. As soon as the bite shut down or the dog fish invaded us the capt started up the engines and shoved off to another spot. We made about 10 drops for the day with just a pick on all of them. Our biggest cods were 27,25,24, with a 1/2 dozen 15 lbers,a couple nice pollock in the upper teens, haddock up to 9 lbs, a good amount of cusk, 1 hake and 1 redfish. The excitement of the day was on the last drop I had a haddock near the surface when all of a sudden a big shadow came up  behind it, turned out to be a 8ft blue shark looking for a snack. I sacrificed the haddock for a little fun time with the blue dog.
I had him come in on the haddock 6 times,  was trying to get him to pop his head of the water but he wouldn't go for it, on the last attempt he took half of the fish with him and we didn't see him anymore. A few minutes after the shark show he headed for the barn, we got in at 6pm.

It wasn't a bad trip but it wasn't a slaughter trip either. There was 14 of us and we all went home with 2 big bags of fillets each. Eastman's run a good operation up there guys, if you want to go codfishing give them a try.

Mark

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 09:33:44 PM »
Nice report Stray Cat.  Sounds like a great trip to me! t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-