Author Topic: what to use to clean the boat  (Read 1294 times)

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
what to use to clean the boat
« on: October 07, 2009, 06:49:09 AM »
I recently purchased my first boat, so this will be many of possible stupid questions on boats in general.

I need to clean the whole thing, the hull, deck and cushions, my question is what should I use to clean each one.  I know one produced might be better then another one, but what is the opinion of everyone?

There really isnt any water line marks, just would like to clean the bottom once over, it has been painted.
 ???
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: what to use to clean the boat
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
For cleaning the Hull ON/OFF is great, can get it at West Marine. Wear Gloves, also I would use it before you paint the bottom as it will turn the paint a differant color and besure to rise real good.

For all cleaning of the interior I use either Spray 9 (West Marine) or Purple Power (Lowes) both work good on deck, cushions, etc.

Before puting boat in water wx everything real good, protects the gelcoat and it makes it easier to clean.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-