Author Topic: Capt. John/ Reel Fun Charters/ Fluking in 2010?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Capt. John/ Reel Fun Charters/ Fluking in 2010?
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:37:15 PM »
Fellow Anglers,

Here is some information that was reported by Capt. Al Ristori today in his online blog that
I thought you should all be aware of:

"Commissioner Tom Fote returned from the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) meeting in R.I. with the bad news that N.J. finished with a recreational fluke catch that was over the state’s allocation by 191,000 fish. Even with a small increase in next year’s quota, it will be hard to overcome that overage without further tightening fluke regulations. Fote also reported that he had to fight to avoid a weakfish moratorium, though the bag limit will be dropped to one. That’s better than a shutdown as the fishery can be liberalized quickly should the stock improve."

Sorry for the grim news, but I have to pass on everything I've heard to you all. How the hell did they calculate an exact amount such as 191,000 fish when they use estimates for their calculations. Absolutely ridiculous!!! rofla

Capt. John

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
Re: Capt. John/ Reel Fun Charters/ Fluking in 2010?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
At this rate will it be worth going fishing any more? maybe we should just find another hobby. knitting anyone?
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Capt. John/ Reel Fun Charters/ Fluking in 2010?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 01:57:17 PM »
How the hell did they calculate an exact amount such as 191,000 fish when they use estimates for their calculations. Absolutely ridiculous!!! rofla

Capt. John

191,000 is an exact amount? 5hrug

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-