Author Topic: C-Map Card Update  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Skunked

C-Map Card Update
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:25:05 PM »
Here is an email I got from C-map. I thought maybe someone might need an update and can use this discount.

Dear Club Member;

Find a dock mate, friend, fishing buddy, co-worker, any other C-Map chart user who is not already Club C-Map member; have them contact me and I will offer them and you a full year membership in Club C-Map for $69! That's $20 off the regular Club membership rate for each of you; that's a brand new update of any chart that each of you own; that's access to all Club programs and benefits for a whole year; that's a good deal for all!

Contact Carol at (800) 424-2627 x175. Be sure that they mention that "Joe sent me"
Not bad for a simple referral . . . plus all the safety implications that go along with new charts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Does It Work? Simple, have your buddy contact me with their information and your name.
Their new membership will start at $69 and your membership will renew for $69

C-Map by Jeppesen,   133 Falmouth Rd,   Mashpee MA 02649     (800) 424-2627     www.c-map.com

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: C-Map Card Update
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »
Skunked, have you dealt with this firm before? Is it the "official" c-map company? 

I have C-Map chart for my Raymarine GPS that could use updating.  It this is the real deal from C-Map and not an offshoot, I will consider the offer. 

Let me know if you have dealt with them and what would need to be done for them to update my chip.  Would it be an exchange, downloaded software, etc. 

Thanks,
Joe
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
 i would think that for a legit update or what ever, there would be somethign about it on the raymarine website. or atleast a referal to said site.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 08:51:34 PM »
Reel Time, I see you point with the Raymarine website.  Nowever, the chart that goes into the unit is separate.  It is an entirely different company and it is extra when you buy the machine.

Sort of like a san disc for a computer.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:01:16 PM »
Hi,

The number and info is correct. C-Map was bought by Jefferson Marine (spelling?). That is who answers the phone. It is legit. Ask for Customer Service or Sales or whatever.

C-Map is used in more than just Raymarine products (but for how long in RayMarine - Garmin G2 and other products are much better in my opinion).

They are currently closed but this seems legit to me (at least until they are open and someone can talk to them)!

Capt. Ed

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
Capt Ed,
When you say "currently closed" do you mean like, for the evening? or like, for several weeks on vac?
My chart card is at least 3/4 years old.  Time for an update, and if this is legit, I will go for it.  Thanks for you info and help.

Skunked, PM me all the info I will need so you get your savings also.

Joe

Offline Skunked

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 09:19:50 PM »
It is legit, I pay the $69 and get an updated card for my Si-tex unit each spring or when a new update comes out. The last update I just got is the new max card which now covers the entire east coast and the Bahamas.

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 09:21:41 PM »
Hi Joe,

Closed for the day (hours are until 8:00PM EDT I think they said - that is for Customer Service ... sales probably closes earlier).

These are the right folks or a very elaborate hoax. The call is an 800 number so how can you go wrong ...

Are you going to be out tomorrow ... I may be heading offshore to the Mudhole ...

Thanks,

Ed

Offline Skunked

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
Here is their web site. http://www.c-map.com/

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »
Thanks for the info Capt Ed.  I will be out tomorrow, but I will be on a friend's boat.  He runs out of Green Head City (also referred to as Tuckerton).  I don't know if he plans on staying in the bay or hitting the ocean.  I will bring outfits and rigs for both.

Good luck in the mudhole.  Looking foward to the report upon your return.

Thanks Skunked.  Is there info I need to have for you so you can get your discount?

Joe

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »
I just bought the latest C-map max (updated 3/2007) and will be popping it in my Standard Horizon tomorrow.

I believe C-map is now owend by Boeing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-