Author Topic: Dec 1st Emergency Meeting SSFFF  (Read 1396 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Dec 1st Emergency Meeting SSFFF
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
The meeting of Dec. 1st sponsored by Save the Summer Flounder Fishing Fund (SSFFF) was a joint effort to get information out to you.  The meeting was well attended and due to the urgency of the state of our fishery in question is perceived to be in all were hoping that more anglers would of been able to get out and be more involved.

There are many people that are fighting for your ability to fish and be able to pass this tradition along to generations to come.  You need to get involved in some way weather it is by simply attending meetings like last nights eye opener, or by sending e-mails, faxes, letters to our Legislators, telling them how you feel or by phone calls to get them to realize that the system is skewed by non factual information that is dictating the final outcome of our fishability for years to come.

I have to say is was a pleasure to finally meet Capt. Tony Bogan, Ray Bogan, Adam Luwauski (sorry for the butchering), and Jim Hutchinson Jr., the core of the speakers for last nights emergency meeting.

It was also nice to have Erik Wong there who spoke on behalf of Rep. Frank Pallone.  Mr. Wong read a statement by Rep. Pallone and we thank him for that.  See the attached statement.

We have a Press Release by Jim Hutchinson Jr, that shows that we as anglers are being attacked on all fronts.  It is not just our area but all coastal concerns are susceptible to restricted bag limits, larger keeper lengths and closures.  All due to flawed science.

Please, I urge you to become involved by just showing up at a meeting like Dec 1st.  It is a boost int teh arm for those that are doing the majority of the work  knowing you are supporting their efforts means a lot.

This fight will be a long and hard one, we need to support those that are on the front lines. The continuation of the sport we all love and cherish and one that is passed from generation to generation is in jeopardy.  We all need to get involved.

I apologize for not giving you specific details but I am sure Capt Tony will make sure that the information passed along last night gets to you.  Please continue to support these groups as they are fighting for you.

Happy Catching

Paul

RFA Press Release
http://www.joinrfa.org/Press/MSA_111809.pdf

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:08:30 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
Re: Dec 1st Emergency Meeting SSFFF
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:46:05 PM »
Paul, thanks again for coming last night and thank you for posting those photos. If it is alright with you I am going to use some of them on the SSFFF website (tried to take pictures of myself while speaking, but it never seems to work ;D )

I will certainly get some details up first chance. By the way, you got everything right except Adam's last name is spelled  "Nowalsky"
(I should have spelled it for you last night instead of just saying it!)

Have a good one,
Tony

Offline gjb1969

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:19:10 PM »
well i hope more people will have something to say on this matter way to many guys not to have something to say i guess no one cares its just fluke well guys if they can close one they can close them all its time to put or shut up guys if we dont fight for it who will rgmn
dirty water angler

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:06:12 PM »
Hi Tony,

If you need bigger files I can e-mail them to you.  I drop everything down in size for the site.

I will change Adams name.

Thanks

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-