Author Topic: Super Spreader Cast Net  (Read 5713 times)

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
Super Spreader Cast Net
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:24:39 AM »
with EZ throw ring really good cast net and is extremely easy to pick up and use well. I never used one before yesterday and was able to cast a perfect circle on the second throw...The tips i have recieved as far as cast nets are is to stay to about a 5 foot net until you feel profficient. Overall a worth while investmant to catching live bait and puting fish on the line  t^ i paid 36 dollars for mine from cabelas
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Jeffish

Re: Super Spreader Cast Net
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:48 AM »
I always wanted to try one of those. Even for freshwater fishing to catch some minnows. Are they easy to put away and store without getting all tangled up?

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »
They are a great thing to have!

NO cast nets in freshwater except streams that are not trout stocked.  Completely different set of rules to remember for freshwater ::).  Most guys use minnow traps or rod and reel with sabiki rigs.  The sabikis work real well for shiners!

See page 28 for Freshwater Bait Regs

NJ State Freshwater Regs

TT^

Offline NJ Guy

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:40:57 AM »
I always wanted to try one of those. Even for freshwater fishing to catch some minnows. Are they easy to put away and store without getting all tangled up?

they store nicely get one of the circle shaped containers lays right into them very worth the $

Offline NJ Guy

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »

still really usefull even without freshwater haha use from jettys or docks or low piers and get yourself some gooooood peanut bunker and snappers...there is a little pier in port monmouth that is almost always packed with peanut bunkers i used to stop by it with a sabiki rig but gonna use the cast net when they come back

Offline wimpy

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:35:18 AM »
Both of mine are 6 yrs old. Never had a problem with either. Keep them rinsed and out of as much light as posible. During season, i store them in a 5 gal bucket w/lid so i can dump bait and as much of the net as i can while throwing #2 if i'm on alot of bait. Keeps the boat less clutterd and won't damage net. Avoid's chasing lose bait or finding them under seat's. Work's for me. When done put the lid on and go. Off season clean and store in flat container in came in.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-