Author Topic: What's the difference between the Grady White Models?  (Read 13203 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
What's the difference between the Grady White Models?
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:48:02 PM »
I see the Grady Sailfish, trophy pro, and dolphin.  What is the difference between them all, if anyone knows.

Just sitting here trying to do some homework for this weekends looking..
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:10:22 PM by Luna Sea 3 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: What's the difference between the Grady While Models?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:16:35 PM »
Nick Call
Captain Scott Sinclair

captscottsinclair@oncoursecustomcharters.com    

www.oncoursecustomcharters.com

(740) 590-0866

He owns a sailfish  I'll be doing his web site.  Nice guy and I'm sure would give you the ins and out of his grady.

He's expecting you call  t^
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:21:26 PM by Hotrod »

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
  • Sport Fishing the Atlantic Ocean ~ Chesapeake Bay
    • VA Beach Fishing
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
Guys,

Capt. Scott here from Va. Beach. I currently run a GW Sailfish and the difference is very different between the Sailfish, Trophy Pro & Dolphin.

The Sailfish is the largest. They arent the fastest vessels out there but they are built like tanks. 9.6' Beam, excellent cockpit space and did I mention they are heavy. Powered with Twins

The Dolphin and the Trophy pro are 8'6 beams and they are powered with singles. IMHO they are smaller versions of the Sailfish. All great boats. Made right here in USA t^

As for the older Grady's. There are somethings to be aware of and if your set on buying one, your probally going to have to replace some of the following. Gas tanks, and all fuel lines.(Patriot Marine) does one heck of a good job on replacement fuel tanks. Make sure you upgrade the vents to SS while you have everything apart. Check the decks for rot. Check the thru hull fittings, if they are still nylon replace them. If the boat has a bracket, make sure its coated with the proper bottom paint,(bracket is alum.) and last but not least, hire a good surveyor!!Once you've taken care of the things that go bad first. You will enjoy these older Grady's

I had my GW Sailfish repowered in 08 with Twin 175 Suzuki 4strokes. I replaced everything mentioned above and several other things as well. I've been very pleased with it since the repower!!

Hope this helps.

Capt.Scott
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:54:06 AM by On Course »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »
Wow Capt Scott..  Your on the ball t^

Welcome aboard, It will be nice hearing how our Stripers are doing down there t^

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
    • VA Beach Fishing
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:34:55 AM »
Rod,

You guys 1st need to turn up the "Heat" its still pretty cold down here.

Just to let you know we'll take good care of those "Fat" girls for ya once they arrive.  slt

Capt. Scott

Offline sealife

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:04:46 AM »
Check this web site.  It gives on-line manuals for each model in each year.

Grady White

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »
Guys,

Capt. Scott here from Va. Beach. I currently run a GW Sailfish and the difference is very different between the Sailfish, Trophy Pro & Dolphin.

The Sailfish is the largest. They arent the fastest vessels out there but they are built like tanks. 9.6' Beam, excellent cockpit space and did I mention they are heavy. Powered with Twins

The Dolphin and the Trophy pro are 8'6 beams and they are powered with singles. IMHO they are smaller versions of the Sailfish. All great boats. Made right here in USA t^

As for the older Grady's. There are somethings to be aware of and if your set on buying one, your probally going to have to replace some of the following. Gas tanks, and all fuel lines.(Patriot Marine) does one heck of a good job on replacement fuel tanks. Make sure you upgrade the vents to SS while you have everything apart. Check the decks for rot. Check the thru hull fittings, if they are still nylon replace them. If the boat has a bracket, make sure its coated with the proper bottom paint,(bracket is alum.) and last but not least, hire a good surveyor!!Once you've taken care of the things that go bad first. You will enjoy these older Grady's

I had my GW Sailfish repowered in 08 with Twin 175 Suzuki 4strokes. I replaced everything mentioned above and several other things as well. I've been very pleased with it since the repower!!

Hope this helps.

Capt.Scott
thanks for the info.. I am looking at a 25' Grady Trophy Pro, 1988, but it does have a 9'6" beam and not the 8'6" beam.  It is also powered with twin 225 Mercs, which should run it pretty quick.. what do you think
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Capt. Scott S

• Capt. Scott Sinclair
  • Sponsor
    • VA Beach Fishing
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 06:29:55 PM »
Lunasea,

Your absolutely right about the Trophy Pro.

Just a thought about the Merc's. I think the max HP rating is only 400. That will put you 50 HP over the limit. If you dont have the HP tag call Grady Customer Service and they will help you out. I've never found better customer service with any other boat mgfr than them. When I did my repower I must have called them once a week with questions and they were "AWESOME" to deal with. Check with your insurance co. to make sure the HP rating isnt going to be a problem. That might be a liability issue?? Not real sure here.

The market now is flooded with used Grady's and I've seen some great deals on Sailfish's if that your need. You want to make sure everything is on the up and up when you buy.

Good Luck and If I can help you out let me know.

Tight Lines.
 t^
Scott
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 06:31:59 PM by On Course »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »
Lunasea,

Just a thought about the Merc's. I think the max HP rating is only 400. That will put you 50 HP over the limit.

Check with your insurance co. to make sure the HP rating isnt going to be a problem. That might be a liability issue?? Not real sure here.

Tight Lines.
 t^
Scott

Yea.   Same thing Jawz brought up. you guys are on the top of your game here t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-