Author Topic: Tsunami Magnum Series rods  (Read 5933 times)

Offline striper74

Tsunami Magnum Series rods
« on: March 21, 2010, 02:18:13 PM »
I picked up a 7 ft. tsunami magnum series rod for $72 at the Saltwater Expo.  Anyone have any comments good or bad regarding them?  I've seen the rod online from $84 to $92, so I think I got a good deal.  The vendor was trying to sell me a 7 ft Shimano rod that was $109, but my max budget was $100.
I am not the boss of my house.  I don't know when I lost it.  I don't know if I ever had it. But, I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it! - Bill Cosby

Offline Jeffish

Re: Tsunami Magnum Series rods
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »
I've never used it myself, but I went to the expo today too, and I held just about every rod there was. I might be looking to buy a bay/pier pole, and I held that one along with a few others. Seemed nice to me though.

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »
I own a 7' xh 20-50# . Great rod ! We call it the "extractor". ;D ;D Used it all fall & winter with my avet sx 50# power pro. Tog and cod didn't have a chance. 12 0z no problem. Even had heavier on while codfishing Block. Want to get the 7'6" and see how the extra length is for jigging in MASS. on Stellwagon.

Offline striper74

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
Noworries, that's the one I got.  It was in my budget and I liked the way it felt.  Thanks for the input.
I am not the boss of my house.  I don't know when I lost it.  I don't know if I ever had it. But, I have seen the boss's job and I do not want it! - Bill Cosby

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 10:22:38 PM »
Good warranty on it too!  Tsunami has good customer service.

TT^

Offline striper74

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 11:03:35 PM »
yeah, it's got a limited 5 year warranty.....  I'd like to hear more about the product itself if anyone has any info.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »
 basically every boat pole i have is a tsunami,, have had zero issues with any of them. from trolling to casting i'm very pleased with them.

have  6.5' or so extra heavy's for 2 fluke rods paired with calcuttas,, can and will bring up anything you can catch.

for the money, at the moment, i will not buy a different brand when tsunami is available, in what i need.
All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »
I have a couple of other Tsunami rods An 9' Five star for the beach. It was my heavy surf rod with Penn 650SS 50# PP. Good in the fall NE when throwing 3oz -4oz lures. Soft but strong ! Also a smaller 7'6" airwave for lures up to 1.5 oz. Mostly fluke jigging inside but brought it out on the beach in a west wind.I Put a US Reel 250 PRO on it with 20# PP. Very light set up and sensitive. Good value in these rods especially these days.  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-