Author Topic: Capt. Ed  (Read 4294 times)

Offline njadam

Capt. Ed
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »
I have just been exploring previous threads and have noticed that whenever a question is asked you give awesome responses (not to say others dont, this site is great, and i have already gotten many great answers to questions) but seeing the knowledge that you have, could you tell a little about your fishing history when you started and all, i would be very interested to hear about it. thank you.

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
Re: Capt. Ed
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:47:05 PM »
hmmm, thsi might be a long post,,, >:D
All your tuna's are belong to me

Ruger314

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:51:10 PM »
His working on the autobiography!!!

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:58:28 PM »
Capt Ed,

What did you pay for this post ;D t^ ;)

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »
website have that much room to post ? LOL  Ed a great guy though ! t^
'

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »
Capt Ed,

i'd bet atleast a hat ;D

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 10:04:23 PM »
Capt Ed,

i'd bet atleast a hat ;D
He is the BEST... I have my shirt now please? ;D
'

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:06:44 PM »
lol,, all joking aside though, i think it would be an interesting read.

xxl plz

Offline njadam

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 10:08:50 PM »
Capt Ed. please dont feel obligated to write alot, or take any time out from other things you have to do to wirte this...a few sentences will do just fine :)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:56 PM »
bring it on ED..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 10:17:23 PM »
bring it on ED..
Yea think it would be great ! t^
'

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »
Hi Guys,

You guys really read this stuff. Rod just told me to type.

Thanks for the kind words. You are just hearing things people have taught me over the years.

Basically, I am 44 and have had a house "down the shore" all my life (my Dad called it the sticks). I lived in North Arlington until 12 with a second house in Lavallette and then moved full time to Toms River.

Long story short, I fished the Manasquan Inlet (I can still outfish almost anyone there now that many a great fisherman have passed) and the Railroad Bridge since I was 4 with my Dad and Uncle. Caught my first fish with my Mom when I was 2 on an old Zebco (green) fishing combo. I still have it. It was a snapper my Mom tells me on spearing with a bobber, 2 split shots and a long shank hook. I always had access to a canoe and rowboat and my 3 brothers and I used the hell out of them.

Eventually learned to Scuba dive and have dove every major wreck in the Atlantic Ocean except the Monitor and Lousitania (but was invited to do so). Dove in the Red and Coral Seas; all over the Carribean; and a lot in Monterey Bay in California. I love the Monterey Bay and the aquarium.

Fished all over the world as my job has allowed me to travel basically anywhere and anytime. My favorite place to fish (outside the US) is ??? (I probably have not been there yet). It used to like Cabo but now it is just another tourist trap.

My favorite place to dive was the Red Sea and Truk Lagoon.

I have been tremendously lucky to meet and talk and fish or SCUBA with all kinds of neat people, including some folks that now have TV shows or do work with National Geograhic or the Cousteau Society.

Basically, it is all about meeting people; talking to them; and sharing some of their passions. That has opened many doors.

I have had a Captain's License for 9 yrs. now and use it to build my business, not to charter for a living, although that may be fun someday.

I have boats and relationships in the fishing, sailing and diving community in Florida, California and NJ.

During the Winters, I crew on boats in Florida or California. That has enabled me to learn all kinds of different techniques and see different products. I even started freshwater fishing again this past Winter. Somehow I lost track of that side of the sport.

To me, I love spending time with people (in a small group or one on one) and the friendship is always first, the fishing second.

My educational background is in engineering and I use some of that knowledge and connections to test products. Folks - send in comments on products to Marketing people. Sometimes they listen.

So ... basically I am a kid from North Jersey who fell in love with the ocean and saltwater and his parents moved there and let him live in a place that he loves. That kid from NJ has traveled the world and met really nice people that have showed him a thing or two about the outdoors and life. Many of them have passed and I hope to keep them alive by sharing what they have taught me with you.

Oh yeah ... I read a lot and have good notes! I think it is critical in life to ask questions and listen!

Nothing special here guys ... just an average guy who works a bit harder than the average.

Peace and don't be afraid to ask questions or try new things,

Ed

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 12:25:29 AM by Capt. Ed »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 11:50:42 PM »
Thanks for sharing Ed. 8)

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 05:47:07 AM »
Very nice.  I am also a North Jersey boy, (Lodi), and my parents always had a second home on the lagoon in Manahawkin.  Crabbing and fishing would be my childhood memories. My grandfather fished everyday, had large boats and charters.  He would come down for the weekends and teach me, more about boating then fishing.  Now that I am older, I have my own house on the lagoon in LEH, and since 16 started buying my own boats that I keep in AH because from living up north, that would be the closest shore point.  Now I live in Jackson, closer to the shore, and enjoy having easier access to the ocean.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 09:58:55 AM »
Hi Nick,

The Lodi guys always kicked our butts in migdet football and in the biddy basketball leagues.

Tough competitors ... I like that.

Some good eats in that area as well ...

Ed

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 10:45:57 AM »
I am close by in West Paterson now (grew up and parents still liev in Monmouth cty tho). I am only here until wife and I ready to purchase house in a couple of years. Then it is closer to the boat :)

Thanks for the bio Ed. Was enjoyable to learn how you became so involved in the sport and helping others.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 11:54:55 AM »
Hi Nick,

The Lodi guys always kicked our butts in migdet football and in the biddy basketball leagues.

Tough competitors ... I like that.

Some good eats in that area as well ...

Ed
  Yah, born and raised up there.  It was difficult to leave.  If I wasn't married, I would have to move back up there, that is where the action is.  Lodi was always know for there sports, the coaches take it very seriously.  I actully still play mens baseball up north.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-