Author Topic: Capt. John/ Reel Fun Sportfishing/ 5/14 Report  (Read 926 times)

Offline ReelFun

• Capt John
Capt. John/ Reel Fun Sportfishing/ 5/14 Report
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
Not able to give you much to report on from last week as most of my charters had to be postponed due to weather issues and bad timing with my customers work schedules. We have a beautiful day and the customers are stuck in work, whereas we have a crappy day and that's when the charter was scheduled for........oh well that's fishing in New Jersey.

Bunker have been very scarce to find lately in the bay and rivers which is not helping matters much if you're looking for large bass. But it seems some of the fish have been responding only to the troll of bunker spoons, Stretch 25's and plugs on wire or braid. Go figure. Give the bass live/fresh bait and they turn there noses up at them. Ahhh bass........can never figure these guys out. Here one day, gone the next and the search begins all over again.

Hopefully the weather will get straightened out over the next few days and I can get all my charters on the water. I'll get back to you with some news as it becomes available and hopefully with some videos too.

About Fluke fishing.....the fluke season starts in NJ in 2 weeks (May 29th) and brother I can't wait. Fluke are in the bay as you are reading this report. So get your gear ready guys! For anyone interested I have the 29th OPEN for a fluke charter (quite amazingly) so if anyone is interested in starting the season off with a BANG give me a call and let's put some flatties in the box on opening day.

Tight Lines,
Capt. John

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Capt. John/ Reel Fun Sportfishing/ 5/14 Report
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 12:16:35 PM »
Thanks for the report Capt. John..  I also look forward to the fluke t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-