Author Topic: Gulf Oil Spill Special on the National Geographic Channel  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Gulf Oil Spill Special on the National Geographic Channel
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
National Geographic Channel will be airing a special about the Gulf oil spill tomorrow night (Thursday) at 10:00 pm.

Preview here.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Gulf Oil Spill Special on the National Geographic Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:34:23 PM »
Coming on in half an hour. 

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 12:39:45 AM »
I watched it.  Was a good show and sad.  I couldn't help but feel the irony of the one coast guard worker who was almost excited to get to use their new oil equipment.  You could tell he had no idea what was to come. 
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »
 Didn't get to see it but someone should hang!!
What I can't understand they new it would get to land but did little to stop it. It seems that skimming the water would be much easier than cleaning the shore. Guys with shovels and bags picking it up! That's like a bad joke!!

Offline Andys Delight

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 04:30:18 PM »
Didn't get to see it but someone should hang!!
What I can't understand they new it would get to land but did little to stop it. It seems that skimming the water would be much easier than cleaning the shore. Guys with shovels and bags picking it up! That's like a bad joke!!

I don't know, they still haven't stopped it.  It's kind of like trying to spend time cleaning the blood off a victim with an arterial wound.  They can't possibly clean it as fast as it's coming up. 

My problem is this-Alot of time was spent trying to ascertain how bad the leak is.  I think when a disaster that has the potential to do what this leak is doing begins, the response should immediately be as if it is the worst case scenario.  If you're overreacting then you figure that out at some point and send some of the response teams back home. 

Secondly, I am frankly appalled that we allow deep water drilling when the fact is if the worst case scenario were to happen, such as this leak, we have no real answer on how to correct it.  Wrap your head around that for a second-we have no idea how to definitively stop this spill.  There's alot of oil underground there.   :headscra:
The cure for everything is salt water: sweat, tears, and the sea.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-