Author Topic: Cock Robin- Weekend Recap  (Read 1038 times)

Offline reelnauti

• Sponsor
Cock Robin- Weekend Recap
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Memorial Day Weekend 2010 provided GREAT WEATHER and CALM SEAS other than that, welp the fish just didn't cooperate.

Friday night started us off with the first night trip of the year. With Captain Rich Falcone made the trip and off into the calm night they went. Slow fishing fr4om the grounds with a few fish landed and rusty skills attributed to a few more lost at the boat.

Saturday had us trying to make bunker bait with an eye on the clock as we had made the decision if we couldnt make bait we were headed to the clam grounds....yup, we went clammin. Catching the end of the tide we scratched out two BASS. On intel of bass being chunked off the Rocks we moved down and tried. Increasing wind and ripping tide made for difficult anchoring coupled with a sticky bottom made for frustrating conditions and we just couldnt make it happen.

Saturday night, Captain Rich Falcone returned and with a nice boatful went back on the search for blues. Better concentrations of blues were found and more landed!! Another nice night to be out on the water to boot.

Sunday provided to be a perfect weather day however a disappointing fishing day. Bunker were more active and continued to scholl up tighter as the day went on however snagging enough for the great crowd we had aboard was a tough task. With clams, bunker and jigs we went to where the bass are living however we couldnt get a shot at them. Good machine readings added to our frustrations.

Monday again provided the beautiful weather and calm conditions. Bass were again recorded but just wouldnt eat!!! A late school of blues arrived and saved the day by eagerly taking the jig.

We are

SAILING

7 DAYS
7:30a- 2:30p

and

2 NIGHTS
Friday and Saturday, 7:30p- 2:30a

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Cock Robin- Weekend Recap
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:24:13 AM »
Nice report Bill. The bass are there as others, myself included, have seen them on the machine. Tuff to get them to bite right now. Hopefully they will turn on again now that we are past the full moon phase.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 04:04:27 PM »
Thanks for the report.  whs
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-