Author Topic: Bunker, Bass and Blues still working the beach.  (Read 1556 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Bunker, Bass and Blues still working the beach.
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Okay today was a do nothing day for me so I wasted, ah, I mean, spent it at a local B&T.  I saw 2 nice bass weighed in and the last one was caught on a pencil popper who would of thunk it this time of year.

But it seems like bunker heads are the key as chunks are just not working at all.  Unless you want spider crabs to have a snack at your expense.

This is true as I have been using a ton of chunks and all I get is a bare hook.  Next time out I will use just the heads and see if that does the trick.

Today's catch seemed to be in the Lavellette and Ortley Beach area and frpm South Seaside Park to Gillikins.  I have not heard to much chatter south of there, except that there were large bunker schools in the Harvey Ceders part of LBI and they were moving North.

I will be trying to get out tomorrow but it looks like rain and T-storms are likely to pop up.

Oh well...

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: Bunker, Bass and Blues still working the beach.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
Good luck if you get out.
I didn't see anything happening this morning in Ortley or Berkley.   5hrug  I soaked bunker and clams and even the crabs didn't want that.
But it sure was a nice morning on the beach. 
It's time to switch gears and focus on fluking the inlets and crabbing the bay.  My spring striper hunt is unofficially over. 

Offline Noworries2009

Re: Bunker, Bass and Blues still working the beach.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
There were bass on the bunker further north near Manasquan inlet but for me I was too far north today so I missed them. A few nice fish were caught no blitz.Again right spot/right time.  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-