Author Topic: 7-22-10 Sandy Hook Point from Beach Report  (Read 2319 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
7-22-10 Sandy Hook Point from Beach Report
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »
 Well, went to the tip of the hook again to do some flukin' this time only with my cousin Dom. Got there around 6 15 this mornin, got viciously attacked by mosquitos on the walk from the car to the water, even with a CRAPLOAD of bugspray put on us like paint thinner. Fished the ocean side there, right where those stupid piping plover birds are scattered around like nats tricking people on boats into thinking there's blue fish around when really I didnt see any, but I saw about a dozen boats stop 20 feet off the shore and start chucking spoons and jigs.
 Anyway, fished there for 4 hours before the sandy hook rangers took a slow stroll at us in there white dodge ram and told us we had to leave because the birds are nesting. These rangers are to busy worrying about all these birds and seagulls, when they should be worrying about picking up the broken pieces of glass and used tampons that sit on the beach for weeks at a time.  smk
 Had to fish the bay side, fished it for 2 hours, and literally did not have a single bite. To rocky to drag gulp and killies from shore, cant tell whats a bite and what is the bottom. I will never fish that site again, and for as long as those birds are spreading like wild fires over there, I wont ever make that walk again because of the mosquitos. Thanks rangers and mosquito's for cutting my fishing trip short.
 Between myself and my cousin, we caught about 3 dozen short fluke and 2 dozen sea robins, and 1 keeper fluke just at 18 inches.

t^
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Re: 7-22-10 Sandy Hook Point from Beach Report
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
Nice report, at least you got a keeper t^

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
Thanks Gym t^
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:09:03 PM »
you caught fish and one for the table  t^  Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »
have u tried fishing the jetties at long branch, deal, momouth beach or asbury? usually good spots!

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 10:10:47 PM »
Have not TB Joe, I should look into that though... No bugs or rangers caring about plovers instead of razer blades on the sand...t^

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
i've been off the water of late and so has the guys i know that fish these areas from land. so not up to the minute knowledge from my end right now. I fish from a boat and prefer deeper water this time of year. But definitely check these spots out if you can.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »
nice report.. what did you use to catch the fluke with.. ?
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 03:37:41 PM »
Nick, I used chartreuse swimming mullet gulp on a plain hook with a killie. t^ -- thanks

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53:43 PM »
fishon, my next trip looks like its going to be next Saturday,  I will have 3 on the boat with room for 1 if your interested.  Let me know..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-