Author Topic: Fluke on Sunday  (Read 3291 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Fluke on Sunday
« on: July 25, 2010, 04:16:08 PM »
No mercy

We got one. Wow, great.

18" sucks.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fluke on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
 clp

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:08:40 PM »
 nosmly
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:59 PM »
nice try Warren,, Cold sodas too?? chrz
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »
It's bben tough throwing those nice fish back.

Offline Pops Soul

• SKIP <*}}}><
  • Super Hero Member
  • SKIP <*}}}><
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
After all the years we have had a fluke quota you would think that Fluke fishing should be great and everyone that knows what they are doing when it comes to fluking should be catching limits or near limits.  rgmn rgmn rgmn I guess if you want a shot at your limit you have to fish with Capt Jerry or TNT they are the only 2 guys on the site that have posted limits this year, or there are a lot of guys holding back on their reports...... thud
It's Not A Knot Until You Pull It Tight!

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 04:52:39 AM »
Cold sodas too?? chrz
extremely

After all the years we have had a fluke quota you would think that Fluke fishing should be great and everyone that knows what they are doing when it comes to fluking should be catching limits or near limits. 
no doubt if the size was 17" there would be limits aplenty and not just the sharpies

Offline fathergll

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:43:08 AM »
After all the years we have had a fluke quota you would think that Fluke fishing should be great and everyone that knows what they are doing when it comes to fluking should be catching limits or near limits.  rgmn rgmn rgmn I guess if you want a shot at your limit you have to fish with Capt Jerry or TNT they are the only 2 guys on the site that have posted limits this year, or there are a lot of guys holding back on their reports...... thud

It also depends where you fish. People who fish from land(inlet sea walls for example) have basically no shot of pulling in consistently good numbers of keepers.  Thats just the facts. 18" is just a ridiculous size limit.

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »
it's tough to get keepers,just hate throwing back those 17 plus fat ones,how many are surviving that are caught and tossed back,also catching many 17 plus with big holes around the mouth where they have been hooked many times and released.could be worse we could be the NY fluke fisherman.      Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline Cashin

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 03:02:06 PM »
Better than 0!

Thanks for the extremely detailed report.

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 03:30:23 PM »
Have had my best year since going to 18" size limit this year. I have only used gulp so far. 6" grubs are my favorite this season.Also so far all in my Hobie Outback fishing inside Manasquan River.Fishing was better earlier this summer before July 4th. I had a limit for the first time since going to 18".I believe it's all technique with bigger baits.I will be using some live baits of the larger variety this month. Mullet,snappers,spots and peanut bunker are all worth using.Invest the time it takes . Killies are for those that want small fish. In the ocean when conditions permit bucktailing around structure with big dead strips of bluefish has worked very well for me.These pics are last years fish in the ocean on bucktails/strips.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 03:33:55 PM by Noworries2009 »

Offline fathergll

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 07:43:51 AM »
Have had my best year since going to 18" size limit this year. I have only used gulp so far. 6" grubs are my favorite this season.Also so far all in my Hobie Outback fishing inside Manasquan River.Fishing was better earlier this summer before July 4th. I had a limit for the first time since going to 18".

A few questions. What color grub have you been using for the most part? Also What type of rig? Anything special on how you are jigging them?   grtn

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
My 2 favorites are the nuclear chicken and new penny. I have had best success with a jig on the bottom and a dropper about 18" above it.I also use a hi/lo rig with a sinker just big enough to do the job.I'm using a fresh water worm hook in 3/0 and 4/0. These are long shank and rarely ever are deep hooked in the fish. So few fluke are killed. Save the grubs when they bite the tails off. These are great on the jig. Lately my best fish have been caught on a 1oz. spro/glow and a grub stub.

Offline fathergll

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
Ah neat info. I didn't even realize they made the grubs that long   clp

So its these guys.Never seen anyone use them. Ill have to add it to my arsenal.

I wonder how this would do for eliminating shorts . Its 10" and guys are using it for Halibut   slt
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_123074&id=0002761312318a

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
Smaller fish will hit them but the bigger fish seem to aggressively go after them.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-