Author Topic: Fishguts Charters 8/19 good seabassing  (Read 941 times)

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
Fishguts Charters 8/19 good seabassing
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
 Yesterday I had the pleasure of fishing with Capt Jerry and Capt Wayne on the FishMonger. A  great day with one of the top boats in NJ. We had a nice pick of fluke and seabass and a great time. Today 8/19 it was all about seabass for Hal,Nikki and Wilson on an all day wreck trip. With the flat ocean conditions I ran to a few spots I have not been on in weeks. Some were loaded some were very disappointing. The 3 anglers crushed the fish before lunch but the bite really slowed later in the day. We  also had some real nice porgy's to 14" mixed in . A drop for blackfish produced two small keepers and only a handful of good bites.I really hate finishing a slammer trip with a lame bite but it happens. The 3 anglers came very close at knocking out an August inshore seabass limit finishing with 70 keeper seabass to 2.5lbs,6 porgies to 14", and 2 15" blackfish.  Great weather and great condition combined with 3 experienced anglers really helped the numbers today. Plenty of life on most bottom but we worked to put them in  the box. Nikki and Wilson will be back at it tommorrow foe some back to back summer seabass action.Got  a nice pick of the Frances Ann from "Swords on the Line" when I gassed up. LOL The boat looks bigger on tv.LOL

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fishguts Charters 8/19 good seabassing
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »
Nice job putting the crew on the fish. Get em again tomorrow.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
Slammed them  t^
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline TRSteve71

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
Damn hope all those fish are going to be eaten and not gone to waste... nice day with all those bass...

Steve

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Its ok I have a very large dumpster near my house. That or maybe I can use them for crab bait. You need any. ;D ;D AS a for hire charter boat captain I like to take people for long boat rides as it seems they enjoy paying money just for a "nice day out on the water".  I am sure that after a good day fishing the first thing a bottom fish charter wants to do is "waste their fish" Thank you for your concern

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-